Chapter 30 || He is The Boss

Chorong

It wasn't long enough when we arrived at my house. I hopped off the motorcycle and then looked at Taehyung."How did you know where I live?" I asked him.

"Not telling you."Taehyung said, taking off his helmet. He stared at my face waiting for something. I raised an eyebrow." Well, aren't you going to invite me inside?"

I gave the helmet to him and walked towards our door. His hand grabbed my wrist then pulled me towards him."Can you at least say goodbye?" He asked.

I know I am supposed to feel butterflies in my stomach, my heart beat would become so loud that I could even hear it with my own ears and couldn't look at his eyes when a guy hugs you from behind but all I could think about was someone else. I feel guilty when someone expects something from me.

"I have to go inside." I said and then he let go of me."Goodbye."

"Oh, chorong!" I heard my mom shouted from a far and saw her walking towards us with bags full of goods. I run towards her and offered help."Who is this?" She asked.

I took the bags from her and then looked at Taehyung."Taehyung." I said to my mom while gesturing my hand to Taehyung. He bowed towards my mother with a smile."A friend of mine." I said.

Mom grabbed Taehyung's hand and pulled him inside."You should come in and have dinner with us. I am a really good cook." She told him. I sighed and followed them. 

"Mom, we shouldn't really bother him." I said.

"Am I bothering you, Taehyung?" Mother asked him with a smile.

"No, it's okay." Taehyung said, smiling ear to ear. I can't help but smile with him, too. Mom left us in the living room to cook. He glanced at me then,"Do you also cook, Chorong?" He asked me.

I nodded."Ofcourse, I can. You might even look for it everyday because of how good it is." I said, confidently then sat on the couch.

Taehyung sat beside me,"I would totally look for you everyday." He replied. At that moment, it was like a cat caught my tongue. If I didn't know he had feelings for me, I would be laughing right now.

I grabbed the pillow beside me and threw it at him."Wow, that totally caught me off guard." I said, laughing awkwardly. He chuckled as he caught the pillow.

"Was that too much?" He asked me as he place the pillow behind him. I shook my head, trying to look not bothered."I actually wanted to ask you about earlier. Can I give you a ride home, tomorrow? Or probably, everyday?"

I couldn't give him an answer right away since I thought about what will happen if I say yes."It's actually fine as long as you are free."I answered.

"It was a yes-or-no question but okay." Taehyung said, chuckling a bit. He was looking at something behind me and then I turned around. It was a family picture."Can I look at that?" He asked.

I nodded, reaching for it."It's a bit embarrassing to let you see this but here it is." I said, giving it to him. I was younger when we took this picture and I still look awkward with pictures.

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh at it."You look really cute." He complimented me while pointing at my face. I snatched it from his hand and placed it back on where I took it. 

 Chanyeol cleared his throat then looked at us."Mom, I bought chicken for us." He said, leaving us alone. Taehyung glanced at me, I can totally read his facial expression right now.

"That's my brother, Chanyeol." I said, then stood up from the couch."I think mom is finished with cooking, let's go." 

Taehyung followed me behind to the dining room, I saw the chicken Chanyeol bought on the table then squealed."You should do this everyday, Chanyeol." I said.  

"Am I the only one who makes money here?"Chanyeol asked like he is making me realize that I also have money to buy what I want. I rolled my eyes then giggled.

"Come and sit down, Taehyung." Mom said in a very happy tone. Taehyung sat down besied me and picked up his chopsticks."What do you like? You can pick whatever you want. Go on."

  ✏  

After having dinner, my mother started chatting with Taehyung. I went to my room to change my clothes into my pajamas.I heard someone knock on the door, I opened it.

"Boyfriend?"Chanyeol asked with his hands on his side. I shook my head and walked towards the door which is beside him."So, what happened to Mark?" He asked.

Hearing that made me choke on my own saliva."What are you talking about?"I asked with my eyes wide open. Chanyeol shrugged then walked out of my room."We were never in a relationship."I said.

"I thought you were." Chanyeol said then went to the living room.

I don't know what went into his head to assume such thing but I just ignored it and went to check for Taehyung. He and mom was still chatting."Hey." I said.

"I didn't know Taehyung and you are dating, Chorong!" Mom exclaimed, causing me to get shocked. 

I glanced at Taehyung who was smiling the entire time."Yeah, we are but we are still in the process of getting to know each other." I said, smiling at Taehyung then gestured him to go out with me.

"I think I have to go home now. Thank you for the dinner." Taehyung immediately gets me and then bowed at my mother before following me outside.

I closed the door behind me and led him to our gate."So, why did you have to tell it to my mother?" I asked but I didn't mean it was a wrong thing to do.

"Oh, I can't?"He asked.

"No, I was just surprised that you would tell my mother."

"So, it means you don't want me to say it."

"I want us to-"

"I understand your side. I'll try to be more careful." He said as he placed his helmet and started his motorcycle's engine. I wanted to say sorry for making him look bad at this situation."I'll see you tomorrow." He told me.

"Yeah. Have a safe way home." I replied, patting his hand on the handle. His hand went above my head and then ruffled my hair."Good night."