Chapter 10 || He is the Boss

Chorong

I placed a ream of bond papers on the xerox machine to refill it. An employee walked towards me then thanked me ."It's not a big deal."I said and bowed before walking back to my desk.

"Everyone, its already 7:40 p.m. We have 20 minutes left ."A random person shouted as he started packing his things up. Everyone started to rush things , so do I. The place was very hectic. I had to run everywhere and work as fast as I can.

A loud clap was heard and then everyone stopped their works."Let's go, everyone!" The previous employee shouted. I looked around and gasped as I saw everyone already done. I turned my laptop off then started packing my things up.

"Noona, should I wait for you?"Taehyung asked with his wide smile. I glanced at him then shook my head. "Are you sure, noona?" He asked me.

"I am okay, I'll catch up with you."I said while putting my things in my bag. He was a bit hesitating but he left. I tucked my hair behind my ear and then put a little bit of make up on my face."This is fine, I guess."I mumbled.

I hanged my bag on my shoulder and fixed my hair as I left the office. The elevator is so quiet when you are all alone. I sighed then pushed the ground floor. When I reached the ground floor, I saw a familiar figure standing infront of the building."What is he doing?"I muttered as I walked towards him.

I stopped ny tracks then shook my head. Why would I even talk to Mark? I just walked pass him , ignoring his presence."Hey Chorong."He half-shouted. I looked back and then continued walking.

When I thought he gave up on me, a car stopped infront of me causing me to scream. Mark rolled his window down then told me."Get in the car, I'll give you a ride."

"And why would I?"I asked him.

"Just tell me if you don't want to."He replied.

"I will never go back in that car."I stated.

"Sure."He said then rolled his window up but stopped midway. I crossed my arms as I watched him smirking at me."Oh yeah, the venue changed. Do you think you can go alone by walking? You are going to be late if you still want to wait for the bus or get a taxi."

I gasped as he told me the venue. I cleared my throat."I can walk!"I shouted before walking away from his car. Without realizing, I was already far away from our company. I looked around to see if I am in the right track."Where am I?" I asked myself.

While I was walking , I stopped by a bench and looked at my cellphone."Should I text Taehyung?"I asked myself. I shook my head and let my head hang."What should I do? I don't want to accept Mark's offer." I mumbled. I don't like it.

"Why bother texting him?" Someone asked from behind. I turned around to see , Mark, with his hands inside his pockets. I stood up then crossed my arms."Just come with me. I lied , okay?" He told me.

"What do you mean?"

He walked towards me."I lied about changing the venue. Why cant you just accept my offer? "Mark asked me with a smirk. I was angry and furious. How could he lie to me? I walked away from him , like a kid who didnt got what she liked."Okay, I am sorry. Please, come with me, Miss - Park - Chorong."

His hand grabbed my arm."You love playing tricks on me , right?"I asked him then shook his hand off. Mark sighed." What? Are you feeling guilty now? Or you dont feel anything at all?"

He scratched the back of his neck then lifted me up. He placed me on his shoulder causing me to scream."If you dont want to come, I'll have to use force." Mark put me on the passenger's seat then sat on the driver's seat.

I fixed my messy hair then clicked my tongue."I can call the police!" I yelled at him. He just raised an eyebrow at me while focusing on the road."I am dead serious. Stop the car."

"You cant call the police."

"How can you be sure?"

"Then, why didn't you call the police before?"

I crossed my arms and looked at the window. No one dared to talk after that. I kept on glancing at Mark, feeling uneasy with him. The car stopped infront of a traditional korean restaurant. I hopped of the car and walked as fast as I can.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw everyone looked at me. I bowed my head and searched for Taehyung but it seems he already had his company with other employees. I sat on an empty table then opened my cellphone."Why is Mom calling me?"I mumbled.

Mark went in after me. They all stood up and greeted him. He told a speech before telling everyone to start eating and enjoying their food. He sat across me then chuckled."Why don't you eat?"He asked me.

I hid my cellphone in my bag and looked at the others who are eating meat. Mark got up , taking a plate with a whole bunch of meat and a lettuce. He placed it , infront of me."I am sorry."He apologized.

"For what?" I asked while staring at the food.

"For lying." He replied.

I held my chopsticks then wrapped some meat in the lettuce. I hesitated on eating it then put it down ." Why would I be angry because of that?"I asked him and started pouring myself some soju. Mark stopped me."Wae?"

"We didnt even start and you are already drinking."Mark told me as he took the bottle of soju and glass away from me. He paused for a moment and said."If you wont accept my ...this , I don't care. You want things to stay the same. I am okay with it. I'll leave you and eat with others. Don't you even dare call me. I will never talk to you. I ... will go, now."

I stared at him as he walked away and sat beside Naeun. What's with the sudden change ? I pouted while pouring myself another drink. As the alcohol pass through my throat, I groaned."Why is Taehyung , not even here?"I asked myself, feeling a bit dizzy. I forgot that I am not that good with alcohols.

All I can hear and see are people drinking and eating , happily. I stood up and looked for the restroom. I suddenly stopped my tracks as I saw Taehyung from afar then run towards him."Oppa!"I shouted then pouted. He laughed nervously while starting to walk away from me. I crossed my arms and hugged him from the back."Oppa! Give me a piggyback ride!".

He pushed me away and then chuckled."Miss Park , why don't you just go home early? Looks like you are really drunk."He told me as he supported my back , so I could stand properly. I laughed."Why are you laughing? Everyone is looking at you."He whispered at me.

I grabbed his necktie and told him."You sound like our president. The one who always bullied me. I don't like him. I will never like him."then walked towards the exit, still can't keep my balance.

Arms supported me ,making me look at Taehyung. Without even thinking, I threw up on him. He gasped then looked at me like he was ready to kill me. Taehyung let it go and put me in his car. I don't even remember where we are going. All I know is I am home.

Taehyung knocked on the door. Park Chanyeol, my brother answered it and then glared at Taehyung."What are you doing with my ugly sister? Give her to me."He said as he let me sit on our couch.How can he call me 'ugly'? I pouted and started to drift to sleep."Tell me. Do you like her?" He asked.

"I like.."