Chapter 23 || He is the Boss

Chorong

My eyes landed on my cellphone as the news about Hayoung still missing came out. I didn't even notice how long I was in here. I glanced at Taehyung, who is yawning at the moment."I am going to the restroom. " I told Taetae before standing up from my chair.

As soon as I turned to the other corridor, I saw Mark walking with Naeun. I quickly hid to any open office and then wait for them to pass by. Wait, why am I hiding? I realized I just entered a random office. Thank god, everyone is so busy to notice me."Ms. Son, since we are going to Macau tomorrow, change my schedule." I heard Mark's voice.

"Miss, I don't think you are supposed to be here." An employee to this section told me while gently pulling me to the corridor. I shook my head and told her that I just need a moment but she won't let go. Well, I guess I could go out. Mark stared at me with a shocked expression."What are you doing there?" He asked me.

I laughed awkwardly."Just checking." I replied.

Naeun hugged me as soon as she realized what she was seeing was actually me."I miss you." She said, letting me go."It was stupid of Mark to fire you just because of a simple mistake. He could've just give you a warning. How unreasonable. Am I right?", asking me. I just nodded.

"I am just right beside you, Ms. Son." Mark said with the corner of his mouth twitching. She smiled at her boss and walked towards the direction to Mark's office. I glanced at Mark, whose arms are crossed while staring at me."Where are you going?" He asked.

I pointed at the restroom then walked away but Mark's hand grabbed my arm. Can't he just call for my name? My arm might fall off the next time he does this."Wait for me then we will go out and eat lunch." He told me. I was about to decline but,"I can't take you to dinner because I have an important meeting."

"Okay." I nodded. Wait, it sounds like we are dating!

|____timeskip____|

Mark called for me to his office. I knocked on the door and opened it. He was still busy signing a lot of paper works but stopped when he noticed me."You don't have to take me to lunch. I can eat with Taehyung." I said, pointing outside. His expression changed as soon as I started talking. He stood up and put on his coat which was hanging on a coat stand.

"Are you dating?"

"No."

"Then, let's go eat lunch."Mark replied before opening the door for me. I awkwardly walked pass him while keeping a straight face, despite of how fast my heartbeat is. He closed the door behind him then walked ahead of me. Naeun noticed us together, shooting me a weird stare.

I smiled back at her as I kept my pace with Mark's. We reached the outside of the building, Mark hasn't still talked to me about anything. I let out a deep breath as he walked faster,"Where are we going?" I asked him. He suddenly stopped, causing me to bump on his back.

"I remember where it is." Mark said while extending his arm to me. I raised an eyebrow confused at why is he doing that. He didn't hesitate to hold my hand and started dragging me to somewhere. I stared at our hands together.

My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the beautiful painting on a wall of a building and a prepared table for two in front of it. He pulled the chair for me then sat across mine."So, why did you plan on taking me here?" I asked him, looking around.

"You like to paint before, right?" Mark asked. I nodded, then I remembered about what he would always do to my art works before. My hatred quickly came back. I stood up from my chair and stared at the ground."Wait." He told me as he also stood up. I didn't hesitate to quickly walk away.

Mark grabbed my arm, stopping me from getting anywhere. It's not that I don't want to hear his apology. I just don't want him to see me crying."I am so sorry for ruining your artworks before. You had to waste a lot of paint and you know those stuff you use. This is our first day that I promised to use your five days to apologize for everything. That is why I am showing this to you. Can you give me forgiveness for today?"He asked me.

I am trying so hard not to cry."Can you look at the other way?" I asked him and he did what I asked him to do. My tears didn't stop itself from coming out. He probably knew what was already happening from how loud I am crying right now.

Mark turned around but with his eyes closed. I gasped when he suddenly hugged me."Don't worry, I am closing my eyes right now." He told me while caressing my hair with his fingers. I laughed at what is happening right now."Do you want to be my secretary?" Mark asked.

"What?" I asked him.

___________________________

~why did Mark suddenly asked her?

~he can't have two secretaries, right?

~is Chorong going to accept?

~thank you my luvlys for reading another chapter 💕