Chapter 28 || He is the Boss

Chorong

"Hey." Taehyung said then showed a smile. I couldn't smile back because Mark is standing before us and if he finds out."We are going to have lunch, want to come and join us?" He asked Mark.

My eyes widened at his sudden question, Taehyung and I made eye contact. I was begging for him to not let Mark come."Sure, I'll go with you." Mark replied.

Mark walked ahead of us with his hands in his pocket."What are you doing?" I whispered at Taehyung. He just smiled at me and winked."Hey, I thought we were suppose to keep this a secret. "

"Too late, he already knows. Mark isn't stupid or is he?" Taehyung asked me as his hand find mine. He talks like he knows Mark really well."I know a good barbecue restaurant. Let's go there. Chorong likes those more compared to those fancy restaurants, right Chorong?" He asked me.

I just stared at Taehyung and was hoping he would let this pass. He wasn't even expecting me to answer, I think."Chorong, I want to talk to you about my schedule later." Mark said without looking back.

"Hey, Mark!" Bomi showed up then run towards Mark's side. She clung on him as she asked,"Where are you going? I'll come with you. You wouldn't want to leave me, right?"

"Sure. We were going out for lunch." Mark said then looked at me. My heart aches seeing how close Bomi is to him. Did last night even happened? I felt Taehyung's grip tightened causing me to glance at him.

We arrived at the elevator and I quickly looked at Mark who don't use the elevator when crowded. Is he going to let them leave? The door opened and it really was crowded."Hey, get out." The boy said to the others as he noticed the CEO.

I watched the people get out of the elevator then told Taehyung."Let's use the other elevator." He nodded and lead me to the other which opened immediately. There was still space. I was about to push the button when Mark suddenly showed up and stood beside us.

I heard everyone gasping and gossiping behind us."Wait, where is -" I was about to ask where Bomi is when Taehyung's hand grabbed my arm then pulled me towards him. I didn't open my mouth and felt afraid with how he is acting right now.

The elevator opened and we saw Bomi with her arms crossed, leaning on a wall."Hey! How could you just leave me?" She shouted at Mark. Mark smiled and walked ahead of us."How could you smile? I got a text from my father."

Mark stopped to turn around,"Looks like we can't join you." He said with his eyes looking at me. I smiled at them as they walked towards the parking lot. Hm, it's about Bomi's father again."Do you want go with them?" Taehyung asked.

I shook my head."Why would I?"

"You look like you want to go. Just tell me." He said as he swiftly walked ahead of me. I caught up with him then glanced at his face."I am not mad, if you are wondering."

"Then, what do you call it?"

Taehyung sighed and continued walking. The restaurant wasn't that far and it was empty. It looks expensive too. He led me inside then talked to someone. "Kim Taehyung." He said.

The lady led us to a table for two. As soon as we sat, Taehyung gave me the menu."Pick what you want. It's on me." He told me. I am having difficulties picking one because it's in a different language."Confit de Canard ...Pan - seared Foie Gras ."Taehyung talked to the lady.

I just smiled back at the lady as she smiled."Why here? and not the usual place."I whispered at him. The lady came back to place the wine on the table and poured it for us. That was fast. "Thank you."

"This will be the last time I'll be taking you out for lunch." He told me, sipping a bit of his wine. He probably noticed how confused I am right now."It's not that I am leaving. Something came up and everything became busy for me."

"Then, how about going out? We'll never hang out ever again?" I asked.

"Actually, yes. It's nothing serious, really." He assured me with a smile. The lady came back with our food and placed it in front of us."Eat up. I am sure you'll love it."

I didn't evem answer him as I went and had a bite of it. It's actually good. We ate in silence which is fine with me because food! Taehyung grabbed a napkin and dab it on his mouth."Take your time." He said.

"You sure sound mature and how you move is so mature, too. It makes me feel weird. I just wanted to tell you that." I replied then continued eating. He chuckled, not replying to my statement."Done."

Taehyung stood up and stretched his arm towards me. I grabbed his hand then stood up."How was it?" He asked, leading me outside. I told him it was great eating a foreign food.

"It also feels weird that you don't call me 'Noona'." I stated.

"Well, I asked for your permission and you said.."

"That you can stop calling me 'noona'. Okay, I'll start getting used to it."

We arrived at the Tuan company and saw Mark coming from the parking lot. I quickly let go of his hand."Hey, Boss." Taehyung raised his arm. Mark nodded in response."We finished eating, how about you and Bomi?"

"Yeah, we ate. Better get inside, we do have a lot of work." Mark asked then pat Taehyung's arm. Taehyung nodded."I'll take my secretary with me. Chorong?" He looked at me.

I glanced one last time at Taehyung before following Mark. He isn't talking. Should I start? I walked by his side."Sir, are you ready for your meeting later?" I asked.

Mark nodded without looking at me."I'll go and meet them. Please prepare coffee for them." He said, turning to a corner. I prepared coffee but should I make any specific coffee? I only know Mark's favorite.

_

I opened the door and bowed at the other guests to show respect before placing the coffee before them."Meet my secretary, Park Chorong." He said then pat me on the back."Thank you. Go and seat at that chair. Take notes."

Wait, how do I take notes? What do I take note of? I started writing on the blank paper. Yeah, I think this is important. Oh, what was that again? I forgot.

I was writing when I suddenly had the urge to sneeze. Oh god, how do I stop this? I placed my finger under my nose to stop it."Oka-" I sneezed causing everyone to stop.

"Thank you for meeting me today." Mark said.

I stood up from my chair and bowed."We are done? Do you need my notes? I don't think they are useful." I told him, looking at the notebook in my hand.

I heard him chuckle."Let's talk about that later. You should escort the guests out." He replied before walking out. I nodded then caught up with the guests.

"Good morning." I greeted them and gladly led them to the elevator. They didn't really pay attention to me or talked to me."Take care and have a nice day." I said with a smile.

"Did you just really said that to them?" Bomi showed up then asked. She looked at me head to toe and smirked."Nice to have a new job, huh? I don't think you even do your job right."

Before Bomi could get away, I stopped her."Uhm, can I talk to you?" I asked. She stared at me, waiting for it."We are talking here?" I asked.

"Where should we talk?"

"No, I just wanted to ask..why would Mark have to meet your father? It's not that I don't like it but you know, people get curious sometimes -"

"You don't need to know." Bomi replied then continued walking to the direction she needs to go. I just nodded to myself and walked back to Mark's office.