Chapter 45 || He is the Boss

Chorong

I always stay in the daycare center because Yura would call me and try to let me take care of kids. I also get money in return for working here. So technically, I am working here as a part-timer. I don't think it's a thing, though.

"Stop spacing out, you are ruining the kids day." Yura said while smiling at the kid who is the most quiet among them. I smiled back, to let her know I am okay."What's bothering you?"

I carried a kid and placed her on my lap. She happily laughed as she grabbed my hair with her little fingers."Well, I think I'll stay here longer than I expected." I told Yura.

"That must be hard on your part since you don't really get that much income here." She told me, concerned about how I'll pay my apartment."This place isn't that exposed to technology. So, I can't help you find a better job."

I shook my head."The landlord is very nice to me." I said as I grabbed the little girl's hand away from my hair."But, I will try doing anything."

Yura glanced at me and sighed."I'll go and start my class, then." She told me as she walked towards her pupils already sitting on their chairs.

The girl on my lap stood up and run towards her chair while waving at me. I smiled then reached for the table to stand up.

My eyes went to the door where a guy is looking inside. I immediately smiled as I recognized that face. I went outside to greet Taehyung.

"What made you come here?" I asked as I slowly closed the door behind me.

He was smiling ear to ear then hugged me as he said to me,"I thought about how you were doing and if you were okay."

"We are texting each other."

"That's not enough." He shrugged and pulled away from the hug. I shook my head and then walked towards the exit."So, how are you these days?"

So, it's been three days since the last incident with Mark and I haven't heard anything from him."I am doing fine, how's my dog?" I asked him.

"Shouldn't you be asking that to your brother?" He asked me.

"My brother and I fought, so I can't talk to him." I replied as we reached the door leading outside and pushed it."That's why I told you to check on the dog."

"Okay then." Taehyung said then followed me."But, how about your parents?"

"Ofcourse, I always talk to them." I answered his question with confidence and then sat on a bench, near the stairs. We sat side by side in silence as we watched the leaves falling from a tree.

I felt Taehyung's gazed, then he finally spoke again."I'll be by your side because you are a good friend of mine. Remember that." He told me.

"Stop it, you make me wanna cry." I jokingly said, while playfully hitting his side. He laughed with me as well."You should stay for dinner. I'll cook for you." I offered.

He shrugged."I hope I could but I can't." Taehyung politely declined. I nodded and understood his side because of how far his home from here."I'll go now. Be careful and take care of yourself."

I nodded."Yes, sir." I said.

I walked with him to the gate, where his bike was parked. I raised an eyebrow."Is it okay to park your bike here?" I asked him. He shrugged and put his helmet on.

"They are currently planning for their wedding. I thought you might want to hear it, at least." Taehyung said as he started the engine and vanished before my sight. I knew who he is talking about, Mark. I don't know if this is a way of telling me to never talk to him again. 

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and turned my camera on. I showed a very bright smile as I changed it to the front camera. When finished, I posted it on my social media."And here you are taking a picture of yourself."

Yura was leaning on the door with her arms crossed."Get inside. The kids are looking for you." She said while pointing her thumb inside.

"Pictures is a way of keeping a memory and a way to look back at those times." I replied as I walked towards the door.

"Sure, Ms. Park." She said with a smile.

I had a great time with the kids and as soon as the class ended, I offered to walk Hamin home since his parents are out of the town and his grandmother is the only one at their house.

While walking home, Hamin would point something out that he likes and I would but it for him, most of them are foods."Do you want to take another order for your grandmother?" I asked him.

He put the fishcake in his mouth and chewed on it."Yes!" He shouted in joy with his mouth full. I chuckled as I watched him jump in happiness while holding the stick of fishcakes.

"Another one of these, please." I said to the vendor.

"Thank you for walking me home, teacher." Hamin said as we stopped in front of their house. He was holding the black plastic as he went inside."Bye!"

"Goodbye, Hamin." I said.

When I arrived at my own apartment, I saw a man standing before my room with a bouquet of flowers."Excuse me?" I asked him."I think you are on the wrong room."

"I am here for Park Chorong." He simply said as he noticed me beside him. I nodded as it was actually me but partially confused."Someone told me to deliver this on this address. I hope you enjoy the flowers, ma'am."

I awkwardly nodded as I received the flowers from him. I am not that fond of flowers, though."Who?" I asked him.

"He told me to keep it anonymous, ma'am." The man said then bowed before leaving the building. I searched for a note around the wrapping of it and it does have one.

'I miss you. I know that you are mad at me and I am sorry. All I could do is give you this.'

I crumpled the paper without even thinking about it. I walked towards the trash can beside my mini fridge and tossed it there.