Chapter 24 ||He is the Boss

Chorong

With his eyes closed, he still probably knew what my reaction at his offer."Isn't Naeun your secretary?" I asked him. His hand reached for my eyes to wipe off my tears then whispered me something."Really?!" I shouted in disbelief, causing Mark to shut his eyes open.

"Yeah." He replied, chuckling. I turned around as he opened his eyes and then covered mine. Mark pushed my hands away from my face then pointed a finger across my head. Where is he pointing? I glanced at the direction he is pointing at and saw a lot of people coming towards us with plates."Food has arrived." Mark said.

My face is probably red right now from crying. I followed Mark to the table and watched the foods placed on the table."So, Naeun haven't told you yet?" He asked me. I nodded."She will probably kill me for this." Mark said then smiled while cutting a steak for me.

"It's still shocking to hear that she is going to get married soon." I said as I started eating. He nodded, unable to answer as he continue to chew his food. Our conversation started to die down, not knowing what to talk about anymore. We are supposed to be not in good terms but look at us. His phone suddenly rang,"Who is it?" I asked.

Mark answered his phone."Ah, I'll be right there." He said. I smiled at him as we made eye contact. He smiled back and then ended the phone call. Mark stood up from his chair,"I'll take you back since there is an urgent meeting that I need to attend."Mark told me, extending his arm towards me.

I stood up from my own chair and grabbed his hand. He walked ahead of me as he led me to the side of the road. Mark stopped when we saw a black car park in front of us,"Great." He muttered. A guy came out from the passenger seat and bowed to him."Mr. Tuan, you need to come with us." The stranger said.

"Okay, after I make sure this girl is fine." Mark replied. I let go of Mark's hand, making him look at me. I gestured him to go with them since it looks like it really is important. The stranger grabbed Mark's arm and started dragging him in the car."Text me when you get there.", was the last one he said before the car went.

"Noona." Taehyung suddenly pop out of nowhere as I turn around. He does have a great timing. At least, I know I am not going to be alone. I waved my hand at him. Without any warning, he suddenly hugged me. I laughed at him."Have you been crying?" TaeTae asked as he pulled away.

I shook my head."N-No, why would I?" I asked him then touched the areas around my eyes. He looked at me suspiciously, causing me to laugh awkwardly. I can't tell him that I am with Mark earlier. TaeTae let it go and locked his arm with mine."Where did you eat your lunch?" I asked him.

[___timeskip___]

I have been with Taehyung the whole time and it still bothers me how there is still no news about Hayoung. I opened my phone and dialed Mark's number,"No, he must be busy." I mumbled and instead type Hyunjin's number. He quickly picked up."Have you found Hayoung?" I asked him.

"No, but I am currently driving to her destination." He answered. 

I looked at the time, 1:34 p.m. I grabbed my bag."I'll come with you. I am currently at Mark's company. I'll wait for you, outside." I said but he didn't like the idea of it."Please?" I begged while walking towards the elevator.

"Okay, I am near." He said, before ending the call.

I entered the elevator and pushed the ground floor button. There were a few  people, so we have to stop from time to time until we stopped at the fourth floor."Oh, Chorong." Naeun said, as she stood beside me."What are you doing here?" She asked.

Should I ask her about the marriage thing? I bit my lip then whispered."Is it true?" She looked at me, puzzled. "You see, I heard that you are getting married." I told her. Naeun gasped in surprise because she never told anyone at work yet.