Chapter 12 || He is the Boss

Chorong

Its saturday. I wonder what I will do today,  since I dont have to go to work. Mom was setting up the plates for breakfast. " Good morning, eomma." I greeted her then hugged her from behind. She giggled,  asking me if I can go call for my brother. " Where is he?" I asked her.

"Probably,  outside."

I nodded, unlocking the door. Chanyeol was cleaning his car. I cleared my throat as I leaned on the wall. He looked at me. "What is it?" Chanyeol asked me. I told him that mom wants to see him ." Okay,  I'll just finish this. You can go back,  inside. Oh,  right. Is mom done cooking?".

I showed him a thumbs up." Are you going somewhere?" I asked, walking towards Chanyeol. He didn't answer me and continued his thing. I cleared my throat, but still didn't reply to my questions."So, you will just going to keep me hanging here?" I asked, grabbing the hose from him.

"What are you-" I cut him off by pointing the hose to him. He tried snatching the hose from me but I opened it, causing a lot of water to splash on his face." Yah! Sto-" He shouted.

I laughed at what I am seeing then asked him." Who is it? If you won't tell me, I won't stop."

"Okay!"He yelled at me. I put the hose down, waiting for his answer. "But first, we have to be even." Chanyeol snatched the hose from me, doing the same thing as what I did to him. My squealing slowly turned into laughs. We were both having fun that we also forgot that mom needs us, inside.

"Chorong! Chanyeol!" Mom shouted while standing in front of the door. We both stopped to look at our mother then laughed." Stop acting like you are both still children. Look at yourselves." She said, laughing.

Chanyeol pointed his index finger at me then said." Chorong started it." 

Mom just shook her head and then opened her arms, inviting us for a hug." Come here, my little children." Treating us like we are still the young , innocent us before. I giggled , running to her. " Come on, Yeol." She insisted. Chanyeol sighed while wrapping his arms around us.

"Looks like everyone is forgetting someone." Dad suddenly appeared with his arms crossed. We all laughed. After eating breakfast, Dad and Mom needed to go to take care of our business while Chanyeol had to go and meet his friends for something. And here I am, all alone in the house with nothing to do.

Staring at the clock made me , uneasy. I started my laptop and continued some paper works to push away boredom in my life. The sound of the keyboard as you type is really satisfying then  the growling sound coming from my stomach overpowered it. 

I checked the kitchen and looked for food to eat while I do work. Shrugged my shoulders as I saw not a single thing that I could eat. Everything needs to be cooked." I guess, I'll go to the store." I said to myself.

While walking to the store, I noticed how nice the weather is. Humming a song, walking in style, and pretending no one cares about me. Until, an unexpected person came out from the store. For seconds of staring, I asked " What are you doing here?". 

He looked at me from head to toe." I live here." Mark replied while pointing at a certain direction. Liar. I know where he lives, he probably needed to meet someone. I nodded. " How about you? Why are you here?"

" Food." I answered.

He nodded. I didn't know why but I felt like I need to wait for something. We both stood there , without breaking the silence. I heard someone cleared their throat beside the both of us. " Excuse me." A lady said as she went inside the store. Mark smiled then walked away.