Chapter 41 || He is the Boss

Mark

Chorong's mother welcomed me but not to Chorong's father and Chanyeol. There hasn't been any changed since I first came here. She probably didn't knew about it, too."Thank you for having me, tonight." I said.

"Chorong has been telling us that she is having fun on her trip." Her mother said with a smiled on her face. Her father and Chanyeol continued eating their food.

I nodded. So, she also contacted her family but not me. She probably already talked to Naeun, too."I hope, she did." I replied, lifting my spoon to my mouth.

When we finished eating, I volunteered to wash the dishes. Chorong's mom didn't let me do it, right away but I insisted."I'll do it." I said as I carefully led her to a chair.

She chuckled."Wait here, I am going to show you something." She said as she went to the living room.

I took the sponge and then placed a bit of liquid soap on it. Weirdly, I like the smell."You are here." I heard Chanyeol's voice."Can I ask a question?"

"You are, now." I replied as I finished every dish and placed it where it supposed to belong.

Chanyeol sat on a chair, grabbing an orange on the table."Why did Chorong suddenly run away?" He asked."I know her, she wouldn't do this.."

I was surprised to heard him said it."She knows -" was the only thing I could say then his mom went in the kitchen."I already finished. I have to leave as well."

"I was about to show you this." Chorong's mom said, showing me a photo album.

I bowed my head towards her,"I'll have to see it next time." I said and then walked towards the door.

"Come by again, tomorrow." She closed the door behind me as she told me to take care. I just realized that I couldn't even make eye contact with her father.

I heard the door closed, again. Chanyeol walked towards me then threw a punch on my face. I grabbed my jaw as I felt pain."I didn't saw that coming." I stated.

"I wanted to do that." He said like he was finally contented."Will you just stay away and stop bothering her?"

I nodded."I will." before leaving with my car. I slowly turned up the volume of the radio, listening to a radio DJ. Did you ever regret something?

-

"I'll give it to you, tomorrow. Yes, thank you for giving your time to me." I said as the call ended. I parked the car in the garage and entered the house.

As I closed the door behind me, I saw light coming from the living room which I knew who would do this. I walked towards the other room and sighed.

"I just wanted to stop by." Jongsoon said as he grabbed the glass of wine. I sat across him and grabbed the bottle of wine."- to let you know that I am thinking about what's happening, right now."

I sighed as I knew he was thinking about Chorong. The back story about everything on why she got in an accident was my dad."Leave her alone." I said." I am staying away and going to abroad."

"Abroad?" He asked then suddenly laughed. Next thing he did was predictable, he threw the glass at the wall and stood up."Stop wasting my time, then."

I watched the wine, leaving a stain on the wall as It drips."I don't want to marry." I stated as I grabbed on the chair.

"Do you know how hard it is?" He asked while slowly standing up from the chair. My gaze was on the wine bottle that I was holding."I am not having this talk with you."

I didn't even dare to watch him leave the house."What a mess." I muttered as I grabbed a rug and wiped the stain on the wall. Ofcourse, it won't easily come off.

I sat on the floor as I grabbed my hair in frustration. My dad who never once treated me as a son and my mother who never thought of me."What a happy family." I told myself.

It was a bit hard to try to compose myself, again. I grabbed my necktie to loosen it, so breathing could be less harder. I want to see Chorong.

As I glanced at the clock , it was already 1 in the morning. I zoned out while watching a random channel. The stain finally dried and harder to take off but I could only care less. My eyes slowly closed as I decided to lie down.

-

My eyes were blinded by the light as I slowly sat up from the cold floor."You should try to find a maid." My grandmother said while holding a broom.

I sighed."I don't need one. I'll go and wash up." I said as I smiled before going to my room. She smiled back and went to continue what she was doing.

I quickly washed up and did what I would usually do in the morning. I sat on the bed to put my shoes on but in my peripheral vision, I saw someone calling me."Chorong?" I asked.