Chapter 55 || He is the Boss

Chorong

My eyes softened from his embrace, which made me a bit teary."What have you gone through?" I asked him, while caressing his back."Wait, are you crying as well?"

I felt Mark shook his head,"Your arm." He said, softly. I realized I have a cast on and how awkward our hug, to be honest. I chuckled and smiled."Do you want me to let you go?" He asked.

"I think I would want that." I replied, then pushed him away since my arm was aching."Let's sit at the bench while you tell me everything. Go on."

He nodded as he sat beside me and then leaned his head on my shoulder without the cast on."I never told you that I would tell you about it, though." Mark said.

"You did." I demanded.

He chuckled and then groaned as he touched his cheek."What's the use of keeping it from you?" He asked, smiling."Well, my father punched me right on the face, today."

I was shocked to hear that story. He told me how it started when he didn't show up for his graduation and constantly disobey what his dad likes which made then became apart,"But, the reason for this is because he found out that I always came to see your mom." He ended.

"Then, don't come here anymore." I said with sincerity.

Mark looked at me."Why should I?" He asked and then his fingers intertwined with mine. I remembered that this guy is going to marry someone soon, what am I doing? I pulled my hand away from him.

"You shouldn't come here if you don't want anyone to recognize you." I told him."And, you already love somebody else. Worst is you are getting married and you are here, doing this."

Mark realized it, too. He nodded,"Then, how about we stay as friends from now on?" He asked, smiling. I was a bit hesitant about it."I mean, we don't need to stop talking to each other. "

I sighed as I stared at him and then my eyes landed on his bruised cheek."Oh my god, we need to treat that." I said, pointing at it before dragging him to a nurse."Can I have an ice pack, please?"

The nurse quickly checked on his cheek and then went to the other room. Mark stood beside me and I had to chin up to see his face."I can do it at home, you know." Mark said.

"Can you go home?" I asked.

Mark looked at the ground."I can't, I think dad is still there."

I let out a deep breath."So, let's just treat it here since you are the hospital already." I said then the nurse gave me the ice pack I requested."Come here."

He obediently watched me as I placed the ice pack on his cheek."It hurts." He whimpered, taking the ice pack from me."I'll do it, myself."

I smiled at him and then glanced at the nurse who was busy with papers. Doesn't she recognize Mark? I thought to myself. I shrugged."Let's go back?" I asked him.

"Okay." He replied with his arm up as he treated his bruised cheek.

I constantly glanced at him and realized how sharp his jawline is. He glanced as well, causing me to look away."What did you do?" I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"You still haven't mentioned how you got punched today."

"I think I'd rather keep that as a secret."

I didn't pressed onto it anymore and continued walking. It was pretty quiet since we couldn't talk about anything and then I suddenly remembered."Are they looking for the guy who shoot me?" I asked.

Mark didn't answer right away."They are...don't worry." He replied

"Wait, who was the guy who saved me? I should thank him. I never saw his face, he should be here." I asked.

"How did you know it was a guy?"He asked me, raising an eyebrow.

I squinted my eyes." Because my brother mentioned it to me?" I said to him. He nodded then shrugged his shoulders. "So, who saved me? Thank god someone saw me, if it wasn't for him I would have died."

"Stop talking about dying." He muttered. I glanced at him to hear what he said again but he ignored me."I'll take you back to your room."

I nodded."Where are you staying, then? At my mom's room?" I asked him as he walked beside me. He nodded without replying."Wait, the officer must've be waiting for me in front of mom's room."

"I'll tell him." Mark said.

As soon as we reached the room, I entered the room and then went to my bed. Mark looked around,"Go get some sleep. I'll leave now." He said.

"Wait-"

"Good night." He smiled before closing the door.

I sighed as I lie down on the hospital bed. My mind was occupied as a result I can't seem to sleep. Is Mark really okay? What is happening with their family?

I heard the door opened but it was a different door, from the restroom. My eyes widened as I saw the very same person I saw at that time. He is wearing a mask and cap, making it hard to see his face.