"Who is touchie now?" Damien says as he walks out towards us.

"You and your new girlfriend," John throws him off the subject, and I am quick to follow up.

"Aren't you supposed to be in college?" I ask.

"I tried," Damien drops into the sunbed beside me, and takes my cigarette. "I failed."

"Good try," I pat his shoulder and reclaim the cigarette from his lips.

"So, how's the gossip going?" Damien asks, a twinkle in his eye.

"Great. Just heard about the threesome," John interjects, unable to resist the urge to join the conversation.

"Forgive and forget, brother," Damien replies, not without bitterness.

"Wow, Damien, I'm making you religious," I tease him.

"Having a devil for a sister makes a man seek faith," he smirks, and I roll my eyes trying not to laugh.

"Did something happen with Stephanie?" Damien ever so suddenly inquires.

"Why do you ask?" I retort, cautious about opening the subject again

Damien shrugs. "She tried to play it cool, but she seemed upset. Do you think she's mad that I'm with Lora?"

"Yeah, sure," I smirk, not wanting to delve deeper into the complexities of Stephanie's emotions.

"Cass, come on," John gives me a meaningful look, urging me to be honest. I sigh, realizing I'm too high to weave a convincing lie.

"We kinda broke up this morning," I admit, letting the truth hang in the air.

"Damn, I really hoped she would cheat on you with John," Damien laments, smacking his own thigh in playful disappointment.

"Twat," I sneer at him.

"So, are sad about it too?" Damien asks, genuine concern in his eyes.

"It was obviously going to end. I'm a little surprised we lasted as long as we did," I confess, reflecting on the transient nature of my relationships.

"Maybe you should approach the next one with a little more commitment..." Damien suggests.

"Look at you, having a girlfriend for a couple of hours, and already handing out relationship advice," I playfully chide Damien and his newfound wisdom.

"It's different this time. I'm not as childish as I used to be, and I genuinely feel something for Lora," Damien insists.

"Good luck not fucking it up," I mutter, unable to restrain my skepticism.

"I'm not like you. I don't have to mess things up," Damien retorts, a touch of defensiveness in his voice.

"I don't have to mess things up. I just don't see the point in not doing it," I defend myself, unwilling to conform to societal expectations.

"The point is being faithful to someone," John interjects.

"I can't be faithful to anyone who isn't faithful to me," I argue, asserting my unyielding stance.

"Do you even give them a chance?" Damien questions, challenging my approach.

"Not really. But I can see through the illusions they're trapped in. They can't handle me. They'll run away at the first chance they get," I explain, the weight of my experiences echoing in my words.

"You're not as tough as you think you are. You just need someone you can open up to," John states, his gaze filled with understanding.

"Maybe," I concede, my thoughts drifting to a familiar face, the image of Peter lingering in my mind.

"Nice," John smiles at me, passing me a spliff to further enhance our altered state.

I take a deep puff, feeling the orange tingles intensify, this time in my stomach. The world around me seems to shift, blurring the boundaries between reality and the surreal.

"Are there any more shrooms, John?" I inquire, . He hands me one, taking another for himself.

"Ohhh, you guys are on shrooms..." Damien shakes his head, a mixture of amusement and bewilderment evident on his face.

"That explains why you two are talking all sensitive."

"You want one?" John offers, extending the psychedelic invitation to Damien.

"No, I think my consciousness has evolved enough lately," Damien replies, pretending to search for dirt under his fingertips. "You know, I turned down the head cheerleader last night?"

"Seriously? Why?" I ask, genuinely curious about his sudden change of heart.

"Because I realized Lora is the one I want to be with," Damien confesses, his voice tinged with newfound clarity.

"Hah..." I nod slowly, chewing on the shroom I've been given. "I think I'm kind of proud of you."

"Wow, sis. You should do shrooms more often," Damien chuckles, provoking me to playfully smack the back of his head. John joins in with laughter, the air filled with an easy camaraderie.

We settle into a comfortable silence, watching the sun gradually fade behind the trees, painting the sky with hues of orange and red as night begins to envelop us.

"Shit," I exclaim, pushing myself up from the sunbed. "I'm late for my meeting."

"What meeting?" John raises an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued, and I pause, hesitating for a moment.

Fuck it, I'm too high to lie. "I'm seeing a therapist," I confess, the words tumbling out without restraint.

They both blink, surprised by my admission. "Since when?" Damien asks, his voice filled with genuine interest.

"Almost a year," I reply, realizing that my journey towards self-discovery has been ongoing, hidden beneath the surface.

"Cool, how's it going?" John asks, his tone supportive.

"He's not bad," I answer, turning and walking toward the door.

"Have fun," John calls after me.

"I'll try," I reply, grabbing my leather jacket and the keys to my motorcycle. I speed through the city's traffic, the wind rushing through my hair, and the world passing by in a blur. As I arrive at my destination, I realize I didn't bother with a helmet or shielding my eyes.

I'll have to thank John for these shrooms.