Lora

I glare at my reflection in the mirror, thinking, Damn, I'm gonna look like shit tonight. I check out my reflection in the damn white dress I blew a hundred bucks on.

The dorm room door swings open, and in walks Stephanie, towel barely covering her rack.

"Hot damn," she smirks, eyeing me up and down.

I laugh. "Yeah, you're all about that slutty vibe."

"Hey, what's wrong with flaunting a little cleavage? And your ass is straight-up killer."

Compliments from Stephanie piss me off for two reasons. One, she's a lesbian who might be trying to get into my pants. Two, she's hotter than hell.

"Well, maybe one of your groupies will finally give me some attention tonight," I reply, half-joking.

"Why settle for leftovers when you can have the main course?" Stephanie flutters her eyelashes playfully.

"Because I swing the straight way, babe."

She rolls her eyes. "You don't need to be gay to have a damn good time."

"You've banged so many chicks lately, you're starting to sound like Damien," I mutter.

Stephanie smacks my thigh as she walks by. "Unlike Damien, I actually know how to satisfy a woman."

I can't help but burst into laughter. "I'm sure he wasn't that fucking terrible..."

"Oh, trust me, he was." The towel slips from Stephanie's body as she bends down to pick up her clothes. My eyes are instantly drawn to her naked form, whether I want it or not.

"You know, I used to have a fucking crush on him," I admit.

"You used to?" Stephanie's voice drips with sarcasm.

"Yeah, before you two got together. Obviously."

"Well, we're not together anymore. So, what the fuck is holding you back?"

"I don't know. We haven't talked since sixth grade when he sat his ass next to mine," I explain.

"Ah, so you haven't witnessed his fucking amazing transformation into a man-child," she says, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"What the fuck does 'man-child' even mean?" I ask, feeling protective of Damien against her judgment.

"It means he's got the emotional maturity of a kid but the sexual desires of a grown man."

"Considering what you've told me, he didn't exactly have a role model to teach him how to grow the fuck up," I reason, hoping to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Yeah, his father's a complete douche," Stephanie sighs.

A moment of silence hangs between us.

"You do realize I can sense when someone's checking me out from behind, right?" Stephanie smirks as she pulls up a black thong.

"Sorry, I just can't get enough of your perfect fucking ass," I mock her.

"That's sweet, but don't forget to appreciate the front too." Just as she turns to showcase her womanly glory, the dorm room door swings open.

"Oh shit, I'm so fucking sorry," Joey exclaims, quickly covering his eyes with his palm and turning away.

I've had a dumb crush on Joey once when we were kids. His messy blond hair always begs to be messed with, and his big blue eyes are constantly hungry for more. It felt damn weird seeing him in college for the first time.

He used to be as skinny as a twig, but now he's beefed up a bit, his ridiculous Iron Man shirt showing off some muscle.

"Sorry we're late, J. We'll be out in a minute," Stephanie says, unfazed by the whole incident.

"Alright, catch you outside." Joey closes the door without another glance into our room.

"He's such a sweetheart," Stephanie giggles.

"Yeah, he's nice."

Stephanie slips into her tight red dress. For a moment, her confidence in her body makes me painfully aware of my own insecurities.

I could never pull off a dress like that.

She twirls in front of the mirror, striking a pose.

"How do I look?"

"Like I might go gay," I wink at her.

"Don't tease me like that when you're all hung up on Damien."

"I'm not hung up on Damien. Even if he were interested in me, which he never seemed to be, he's still your fucking ex."

"Ex, as in 'exterminated' maybe," Stephanie's eyes gleam mischievously. I have to admit, she scares the shit out of me sometimes.

"Don't give me that look. We both got nasty in that relationship, but you know damn well I landed the knockout blow."

I can't help but grin back. "No fucking doubt."

"But seriously, Lora, if you're into him, give it a shot. Hell, you didn't even go to prom because of your damn responsibilities. The first weekend of college is your time to let loose and have some fucking fun." Stephanie smiles at me softly.

"You're damn right," I let out a deep breath and smile back.

"Get ready to fucking party, girl." Stephanie winks, and we head out.