The chapter you've all been waiting for...(maybe)

The chapter is finally out! YAY!

(Deku's POV)

Silence... that's all that fills the room as I try to comprehend his words.

"WAIT WHAT?!" I screamed shattering the quiet. So many thoughts fill my head. Todoroki likes me? How the... Do I like him? Wait! Aaaaahhhhh! "What do you mean?" I whisper after he made it clear he wasn't going to respond.

"Just what I said. I like you, as in more than a friend." He shrugs it off like it's no big deal, but by the way his cheeks are clearly flushed, and how his eyes are focused on something completely random, I think he's also embarrassed. Probably even confused on what to do.

"But... but..." I move my eyes to stare straight at his averting ones, "why?"

He moves his eyes away from the wall to look down at his shoes and waits to respond. "Because your kind and helped me realize my powers my own. Because I love the way you smile and your cheerful laughter. You may act like a jerk, or even emotionless sometimes, but I know you aren't." I can clearly see a light brush spread across is cheeks, and I feel my own cheeks getting warmer.

I don't know what to say. I want to run to my room and hide under my covers. I want to forget this conversation. We were friends. I don't know how I feel about him so now things will just be awkward. I don't want to reject him because I may end up regretting that later. I need time to think.

"I know this is pretty sudden, plus you probably still aren't feeling well, but I need you to know. I don't need an answer now. Whenever you feel ready to give me the answer just tell me okay."He then turns around, grabs his stuff, and walks away, closing the door behind him. 

I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding in. Why? Why do I have to deal with this? I just want to be friends. Right? I move my hands up to cover my face which feels like it's on fire. It's just because of the fever I have. Nothing else. I don't like him. Do I? 

I shake my head harshly. I put my hand over my heart and try to calm myself down. Only then do I realize how fast my heart beat is. It fills my ears. It's rapid and slowly slowing down. 

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? I mentally scream that as I go through the rest of the night. Maybe because I really want to know or maybe because when I stop I start thinking about him, and every little thing that I never took much interest in. Now every time I imagine his smile, or how he carried me home when I got attacked, and when he hugged me, I feel my heart rate increasing. And that brings the question, "Do I like him?" straight into my head. And that makes my cheeks a cherry red.

I CANT LIKE HIM! I interrupt my consists whys to scream that instead. Bad idea. Once again images of him flood my brain. LEAVE! More memories... AAAHHH! I retreat back to asking why so my heart can calm and my cheeks will cool.

I can't get him out of my mind. He won't leave. And I wish I could say I really really want him to. But I don't. I don't hate it, it just makes me wonder things I'm not sure I want to think about. I know I'm being stupid or a coward but I just, I've never had to deal with this before. No one has ever confessed, or probably ever liked me. I've never had to think about if I liked someone before either. 

This is all so new, too new, too much. I don't like how my heart beats louder and faster when I think of him, I don't like how my cheeks get red, I don't like how it all makes me think I like him. I mean what's it like to be in love? What happens? How do you know? Do you think there cute or handsome? Do you like their personality? Are you not able to get them off of your mind?

All these confusing questions just lead to more. Soon I'm asking 'Do I think Todoroki is handsome?' Answer: I guess. I mean I think his eyes are pretty, and he's in good shape. His hair looks so soft and nice. AH! Even in my thoughts it's so embarrassing.