Sports a Festival pt5

Pic is unrelated but just look at my child! He's MINE no one else can have him!! *protectivly glares at everyone*

Okay then... Hi! How are you?

Got some Tododeku for ya 😏

(Todoroki's POV)

"Midoriya, we need to talk."

I turned around and walked away before she could respond. I quickly made my way to an empty hallway and leaned against the cool wall. My eyes focused on Midoriya as she slowly found her way to the opposite side of the hall. She stood there leaning against the wall, awkwardly facing me. I stared intensely into her beautiful jade eyes as she stared back into my own.

"So what do you want to talk about? We dont want to miss lunch." She didn't break eye contact and her voice was steady and calm. She wasn't intimidated or afraid of me even though I was giving her a glare. That's the first.

"When we were fighting, I was close enough to feel your power. I recognize it, it felt like All Might's. Before he died I trained with him a few times." She nodded her head understandingly.

"Okay. What's your point?"

"I don't understand how that's possible. It felt the same, like you have the same power as him."

"What are you getting at here?" She seemed annoyed.

"Are you his secret love child or something?"

I'm sorry I had to😂

She burst out laughing. She was bent over with slightly bent knees as well. I could see tears building up and falling down her closed eyes. "No! Why would you think that?" She laughed, and wiped away her tears.

"Like I said your quirk is very similar to his."

"Well, no I'm not his secret love child." She was holding back another wave of laughter.

"Okay, but I want you to know connection or not I will not lose to you. And I can't forgive you for making me use my left side either." I looked at my left hand my eyes full of hatred.

Her expression became serious. "First of all you already told me that. Why are you so serious about this anyway? I mean we all are but your on a whole other level, you openly declared war on me. And secondly what's wrong with your left side?" I have my reasons, ones I would normally keep to myself but staring into her eyes I want to tell her everything. I feel weak like I'll break at any second, and that's what I end up doing.

"I'm guessing you've heard of quirk marriages."

"You mean when someone marries another for their quirk so that they can produced powerful children?" She tilts her head to the side in a show of curiousity.

"Yes. My father married my mother for her powerful ice quirk. He had three other kids before me, failed experiments in his eyes. His goal was to have a child who could surpass not only him but All Might as well. I was his masterpiece, he believed and still believes that my quirk is more powerful than his. He trained me so much, gave me scars and bruises. He also beat my mother." I paused to bring my hand up to my huge scar. "Unbearable, that's what my mother called my left side before pouring boiling water on it. I want you to know that I will win this tournament, I will surpass my father using only my ice. I will not give him the satisfaction of using my, no, his fire." 

I looked up at Midoriya expecting to see a face full of shock and sympathy. But I didn't see that, I saw empathy. A look of understanding, and that was much much worse. She balled her fists and let out a raggedy shallow breath.