Sports Festival pt2

Look at this beautiful Todoroki :)

Friday! Yay!

Things going to get a bit more interesting this chapter! (Hopefully, Idk what you find interesting)

(Deku's POV)

(A week later)

I can't believe the sports festival is today. That was the first thought that popped in my mind when I woke up this morning. We had been given a whole week to strategize and plan, or prepare in general. For someone like me a week of nervously awaiting something big makes thoughts run wild. Long story short I had had plenty of time to think. This was my big chance, this was my opportunity to tell the world, 'I am here!' And even though All Might is gone I know that's what he would want me to do, that's what he'd tell me to focus on. I smiled sadly just at the memory of him bouncing into a room or greeting me by yelling those same words. His famous catch line.

I tugged at my sleeves, which were hiding freshly made cuts and bandages, and could feel cold tears building up in my big eyes. I pushed them back. I slipped on my shoes and then my yellow backpack. 

By the time I got to school almost everyone was there already. I slid the door open to reveal a loud, crazy, and excited room. Everyone was eagerly chatting amoung themselves ignoring my entrance like usual. I quietly made my way to my desk and sat down. Before I even had a chance to relax Uraraka showed up out of no where. I almost jumped.

"Deku! I'm so excited!" She quieted down a bit, "and nervous." She added. "Today's the sports festival!"

"Oh really? I forgot." I said sarcastically while smirking.

"Deku..." She said faking a bit of irritation. She then lightly giggled. "Well anyways, I'm gonna go back to Iida and Tsu over there."

"Okay." I watched her walk away before turning my attention to the rest of the activity in the over hyper class. My eyes landed on a yellow slump leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed but based on the look of annoyance clearly showing on his face he was awake. The bell rung and I saw Mr. Aizawa slowly stand. He unzipped himself from the cocoon and we all started at him.

"I'm sure you all know that today's the sports festival. You need to go change into your PE uniforms. After that you can go to the 1-A waiting room." He walked out of the room. The class rushed out of the room and we split up in to two going into the locker rooms. 

I quickly changed and tried to ignore the stares my scares and bandages were getting. We had changed multiply times before and I always had these on but people still seemed concerned. They never asked me about them, fortunately. I wouldn't know what to say. I sighed as I looked down at the uncovered bandages. They covered my whole upper arm and stopped at my wrist.

I left with Uraraka. We quickly made our way to the waiting room. I looked around to find most of the boys already here along with Mina and Momo. I took a seat at a table and Iida soon joined me and Uraraka.

"Hey Iida." I smiled lightly.

"Hello Midoriya, Uraraka." He looked at each of us.

"Hi Iida." She smiled warmly at him and then turned to play with her thumbs, twirling them around each other. "Gosh. I'm so nervous." She laughed.

"This is a big deal. It is normal to feel nervous!" Iida tried to reassure her.

"Ya. It'll be fine." I said.

(Todoroki's POV)

I saw Midoriya walk in with her friend and they quickly sat and started talking along with Iida. This was the only time I could think to say this. I walked over to her and she, noticing my presence, looked up. 

"Hi Todoroki." She said dully. "What's up?"

"I'm going to get right to the point here Midoriya." She nodded waiting for me to continue. "I will beat you, I'm going to win this tournament." I felt a strong grip on my shoulder and turned my head slightly to see Kirishima.

"Hey man—."

"No. We're not here to be friends." I turned back around after shaking his hand off and glared at Midroiya. "I will not go easy on you."

"Okay." She said bluntly. I swear she was trying to hold back a smirk. "I wasn't excepting you to, and I don't know exactly what brought this on but I don't intend to lose either. We're all here to try our best and I'm pretty sure we all have the intention of winning."

"True. I just want to make sure you understand that I will beat you. Your not my friend." I was trying to intimidate her, to show her I really wasn't her friend. I wasn't an ally. I would beat her. But for some reason I couldn't help but feel like I was mainly trying to convince myself of this. I don't think she ever thought of me as a friend, and I don't think she ever will. I was half way turned around when she responded.

"Understood. And I don't plan on letting you beat me Todoroki, or at least not without a fight." Confidence overflowed her normally shy voice. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She was leaning back against her chair and had one leg crossed over so her ankle was on top of her other leg. She was evil grinning.

"Okay." I turned the rest of the way around and walked away. This would be interesting.

(Deku's POV)

Todoroki left. He's being weird. I don't know why he is declaring war so openly but I don't mind. I'm not going to lose. Uraraka seems concerned, everyone knows how powerful he is. She looked over at me her chocolate eyes full of worry. She didn't say anything but I imagined her unsaid words being something like, 'Deku he's super powerful you sure you can beat him?' The answer being, I'm not sure.

A few minutes of being lost in thought passed and soon we were approaching the field. Then I was stepping on the grass. Then Midnight was asking Kacchan to say something, because he got first in the entrance exams.

"I am going to win." He stated, and turned around. I'm sure no one expected him to say something like that. Everyone, but me, seemed taken aback.

"Okay... Well let's introduce the first activity!" She used a projected screen to 'randomly' choose what we would be doing. That's what it looked like, but if they didn't prepare for this I would be very surprised. The options changed in a blink of an eye. Suspense was building. It finally stopped. "The first activity is an obstacle race!"

Sry. I didn't know how to describe the thing they had in the show.

Btw just want to say a quick thanks to everyone who has read up and been consistently reading to this point, because I've noticed that there's a lot of views for the first chapter then they just keep decreasing. So thanks u guys!!!! :)

1096 words