Want You Back (Late Nights Part 2)

Prompt: Late Nights Part 2. That's it.

Jade's POV

It's been more than a year since our breakup and I couldn't be any happier. Things are going so well in my life and I couldn't ask for more. 

5 months after our breakup, after being a franchise manager for a long time, I now have my own restaurant and cafe and everything's going so smoothly. 

I moved out from our apartment in Manchester and went to live in Liverpool, staying  just at the top floor in of the building in front of my restaurant. It was cozy and very spacious and yet, it still suits me and my personality. 

I've been much closer and nearer to my family now. I have a lot of time to spend with them and all I want is to continue living my best life with them.

In terms of my love life, well, I am really not entertaining anyone right now even though there are some guys and girls that have approached me and showed interest to me, I really just don't mind them.

But there's this one guy..., Jed Elliott, I think? He is very consistent. He is such a sweet and precious person. He is a wonderful guy and an even great human being overall and he's... He's so different from her. He's... just not Perrie.

Argh, I hate myself for thinking about her again. Can't I wake up with amnesia and forget about these stupid little things? 'Cause I'm not fine at all.

The bell in the restaurant door suddenly rang, signaling the arrival of a new customer. We are not so busy and occupied right now, mostly because it is the time just after lunch, when most people are having their siesta or roaming around. But still, I am expecting a few customers knowing that they might want a snack or two from our fast food section.

I am the one at the counter now since I let some of my employees have their lunch and rest for awhile. 

The tapping of shoes got louder by the time and as I looked into my preferably customer's eyes... oh, he's not just a customer though.

"Hey, Jade.", he greeted smugly yet still pretty charming in his own way.

"Hi, Jed. What is it now, my friend?", I replied, enthusiastically.

"Friends only, darling?", he asked and I gave him a serious glance that totally shut him off.

"Kidding, Jade. I'm here, of course as you know, to uhm... Just wanna give you a little something.", Jed said, turning his confidence into shyness.

"Jed, you know you didn't have to. You're my..., friend. You're always welcome here without giving me gifts or anything.", I cooed at him.

"Jade, this is my way of showing you my intentions... You know that I want us to be more than just be friends. When will you ever let that sink into yourself?", Jed argued.

"Jed, you're a really, really good man, no doubt at that but I'm really... I don't think I deserve someone like you. You're too good for me, Jed. I-I, Sorry but I just don't feel the same. I don't want you to just be my past time so that my heart could fully heal from my previous relationship but please don't take this too bad, you mean so much to me, Jed.", I answered truthfully.

"Thank you for that, Jade. I must be such a great guy.", he replied, smugly, though I noticed the change in his mood. I just laughed along with him.

"Anyways, that doesn't mean that I will stop pursuing you, Jade. I might be annoying but I really just don't give up on my dreams that easily.", he continued and winked at me.