Miles Apart (fluff)

A/N: Jaded has reunited and my heart can't cope! I saw the video that they posted early in the morning last Monday and that was literally the best wake up call ever. I cried my eyes out seeing them like that. 😭 But anyways, I also got inspiration for another one shot from that but it's Jerrie of course. 💁 So here it is guys...

Jade, a singer who tours all around the world and Perrie, her girlfriend, a footballer is miles apart from each other. They've sacrificed almost everything just to be near each other and they've conquered a lot but they are terribly missing each other. Adding to this is the pressure from the media and the people around them. Some time after, they'll prove to everyone that no distance can ever tear them apart.

Jade's POV

It has been a very long day for me and I am really tired. First, my voice is beyond exhausted as it is a busy day in the studio because we are recording the new songs for my 5th album. We're still not finished with some of the songs and I am physically and mentally drained since we're still doing some songwriting. I know just what I need right now...

Baba ringing...

I have been trying to contact my girlfriend, the well-known Arsenal football player, Perrie Edwards. Well, we're not out to the public yet because of some circumstances that the management are avoiding to happen for the both of us but we've been dating for two years now and we're still going fine and strong, I might say.

Although it is difficult for the both of us, we can still manage somehow. It's just hard that we can't show affection towards each other in public. Hell, she can't even visit me in New York without being in disguise. It took a lot of understanding and patience to continue this kind of relationship --- long distance and not being open to the public --- and yet Perrie conquers all of these just for me. I am so lucky to have her.

After the 6th ring, the call went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, it's Perrie. Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now but if you'll leave your name and your number, I'll get back to you."

"Baba..., I've really had a long and tiring day..., without you and I'm missing you so bad. I need cuddles right now. I just wish you can give them to me but a face time would do. Call me back as soon as you can. I love you."

I sent the message and placed my phone on the bedside table and decided to do my routine.

After I was done, I turned on the TV, turning it to the Sports Channel where a football game is playing --- Arsenal versus Liverpool --- actually. I completely forgot that she's playing a game today versus their rival. That's why she can't attend to the phone.

"Nelson is switching like lightning with the ball from left to right, left to right, left to right...", I heard the commentator say. Jesy Nelson. That was Perrie's best friend.

"Oh my goodness! She's really damn good with balls.", the other man exclaimed.

I giggled with what he said. He was damn right.

"Oh she passes the ball! SHE PASSES THE BALL! To Edwards, Edwards. She's running fast. She's coming near to the goal. She's there, she's there...", the commentator excitedly said again.

I can't help but have a proud smile plastered in my face. I just want everyone to know that she's my girl so bad.

"If she scores, this will be her 4th for this game and Nelson's 2nd assist. Oh my goodness, she's probably the best football player in the entire universe!", the other one said.