Late Nights

Jade's POV

Perrie has been coming home really late and hours away from her time out in her job. She is working as a computer programmer in this ITC Company. I know that her work isn't the easiest thing to do and she may really have a hard time in doing it since it needs her full attention so that the program can work completely and without mistakes but I've been becoming really doubtful about it.

Her work starts at 9 in the morning and ends at 8 in the evening and she still hasn't come home. It's already after 11 o' clock. I've had our dinner prepared ages ago. It used to be our thing to have a romantic dinner date at home during Fridays but lately, we have been failing on doing that since Perrie's always coming home late and just goes straight directly to bed. I've been really missing her and I wish we could have some time alone together again. Just cuddle and enjoy each other's presence because we are lacking of bonding and most of the time, although we live in the same house, we still don't have much time together.

I don't want to be so suspicious or to think about our situation too much because I know that the moment I open up about this topic, we will start arguing and that is the last thing that I want to happen right now if I want to spend time with my love.

I am trying so hard to not think of the possible scenarios happening and rooting just because of Perrie coming home late. I don't want us to have problems but I can't help it. What would you possibly think if your girlfriend has been constantly coming home late for 3 months now and has not been spending time with you. She always have reasons and here I am, being the understanding girlfriend that she says that I should be. 

Am I just overthinking things? Am I overreacting? Am I being manipulative? Am I wrong for caring so much about what's happening in our relationship? Am I such a bad girlfriend for being like this --- seeming to not have faith and trust to my partner? No, probably not.

When the clock hits 12, I am still sitting in our sofa, browsing on my phone, waiting patiently although the waiting game killing me instantly inside. 

It's 12: 43 in the morning when I hear the engine of a car slowing down and suddenly stopping. 

It's 12:45 in the morning when I heard loud thuds and footsteps of what seems like a leather boot stepping into the hard ground.

It's 12:48 in the morning when I heard the clinging noise of the keys and the door being clicked, opened and once again shut closed.

She turned on the lights and her gaze directly met my eyes. I missed her.

"Hey, baby. Why are you still up?", she asked and went to my direction.

I didn't answer her immediately instead I stood up, brought my phone down and put up my arms to cling into her. Both of my arms are in her neck now and I nuzzled my nose into it.

"Missed me, girlfriend?", she asked. Her voice is a bit trembling and I don't know why. I just ignored it. What matters now is that she's here, she's home safe and she's with me.

"Hmm, yeah, I was waiting for you that's why I was still up. What about it now that made you come home this late? It's already 1 in the morning, aye?", I asked calmly, not wanting her to get the wrong impression. I am just worried about her, that's all. I don't want both of our jobs to get in the way of our relationship. I know that it helps us a lot but we both still need time for one another and if her job is pressuring her that much, I wouldn't want her stressing out about it and our relationship adding up to what she's thinking about.

"J-just, something came up. W-we had a celebration in the company because the customers a-are getting so many these days, y-yeah.", she answered quite nervously. Is she making this reason up? No. I trust Perrie. If she says that, then I'll believe it.

"Easy there, babe. It's not like you're cheating on me or whatever.", I said and faced her, removing my arms from being tangled to her body, and that's when I saw it.

There was a purplish mark just beneath her jawline. I roamed my eyes around her once more and I saw another one in her shoulder blades. 

I traced my fingertips above them and touched it. I hissed once my skin made contact with those dirty marks of her clearly visible unfaithfulness towards me.

It feels like I've been walking straight to the flames and when my body hit the fire, my whole heart burned with it.

"What's... this?", I questioned weakly.

I fumbled down the couch and just looked at her.

"Jade, I didn't want you to know it this way.", she said straight into my face, without guilt, as if she has been planning to do it.

"You're cheating on me and you're saying that you didn't want me to know this way. Wow, what better way could you have thought that would let me know and not hurt me?", I shot back.

"Jade, I'm not happy anymore. I don't love you anymore.", she said. Her words cut through me so deep that I can feel my whole body hurting even though she hasn't even touched me yet.

"You should've just said it to me, Perrie! You shouldn't have cheated.", I stood up to be leveled to her.

"This is your fault, Jade! I'm so tired with you. I need something more and I couldn't find it with you. I'm sorry.", Perrie answered.

"Really? You're sorry but then you're hurting me so much more with your words! So, all those late nights, reasons, missed phone calls, cancelled dates are a sign of it all? You have been lacking time with me because you have been spending so much time with someone else! How could you do this to me?", I screamed at her and then I broke down to tears. My world is crumbling down. What did I do to deserve this?

"You know I loved you, jade, but love just isn't enough."

"And I loved you so much that I am willing to die for you, yet, you're the one who's killing me."

This isn't happening. Please wake me up if this is a bad dream. But it's not.

I felt her hugging me and suddenly, all the pain and anger that I'm feeling right now lessened. 

I'm so dumb. I'm searching for healing to the same damn person who caused me this much pain.

"It's better if we move on, Jade. I'm sorry.", she said solemnly.

I couldn't fight back anymore because I know that this is the end. I thought that she's the one for me and yet she's just another lesson. Another person that will leave me in the dust.

She went upstairs and I just sat there, crying my eyes out. After some time, she went back down holding a bag with her.

She's leaving me. The love of my life is leaving me.

"I'm sorry, Jade. You don't deserve this but I don't deserve you either. We're better off apart.", she said before she grabbed her car keys and left me all alone.

Perrie started the engine of her car, put her bag in the backseat and is now revving her car up to start to drive and leave Jade, not knowing that she is about to make the worst decision that she will probably regret sooner or later.

Jade, on the other side, is mourning and dying inside. She will be over it, someday, she thought. But it hurts so bad. 

"I will show her the woman she left behind. I'm Jade and I can live without Perrie Edwards.", Jade told herself. She's still not over it now, but one day, she will and she knows it. She just have to let it all out.

After all, part of the journey is the end.

A/N: Do you guys want a part 2 of this one shot? :)