Chapter 1

It was a normal summer day in Gravity falls. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were singing, and the large house called "Hut of Secrets" as always gathered crowds of tourists. But today, there had to be something that would definitely make this day special.

Through the forest was a girl, she looked terribly exhausted, especially it has allocated her pale skin, she had long black hair, braided in two high-tail sides of the head, extending down to the waist, long and disheveled bangs covered the right eye, but it didn't prevent her to see well.

There were dark bruises under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept at all. She was not dressed for the summer, in a black hoodie that was buttoned to the throat, a black skirt to the knees and black sneakers. On the back of her hand, she had a Crescent-shaped tattoo. She herself did not know exactly where she got it, because this sign was with her since birth. The girl was breathing heavily, she walked slowly, and then leaning on the trees.

— I'm... so hungry. - she said quietly, stopping. Glancing forward, she saw the house on which hung the words "Mystery Shack".

"Mystery Shack" — she read — *Maybe there I will be given to eat. she thought — what if the people there are angry and immediately chase me away? But I haven't eaten in three days and I feel really bad, I won't last that long. I'll hope for the best. she gathered her courage and went inside. It was much cooler inside than outside, and she wasn't so hot anymore. Next to the door was a counter on which were many different things, and on the very edge of it stood an Apple. Seeing him, her eyes lit up, but noticing that someone was sitting at the table, the Shine in her eyes went out. Behind the counter sat a young red-haired girl. On her head was a hat with ear flaps, dressed she was in a green shirt and jeans, on his feet were boots. She was reading a magazine and didn't pay attention to anything. The girl gently took the apple and went out of the hut, wanted him to eat, but was stopped.

— Hey, you! Put that back, you thief! — she heard someone scream. Turning around, she noticed an elderly man with glasses and a bandage on one eye. He approached her, swinging his cane. In the eyes of the girl had a wild fear, she was all shaking and curled into a ball cried — I'm Sorry, please forgive me! I didn't mean to, really! I just wanted to eat! the man ran to her and snatched the Apple from her hand.

— If you wanted to eat, you could have bought it. - he said with displeasure, wiping his Apple.

— What does it mean to buy? - she asked in surprise.

— To buy means to pay first with money, and then to take. 

— What's 'money'? - she asked again.

— You ask such strange questions. Didn't you go to school? - he wondered.

— No. My parents wouldn't let me go there. -  she answered, lowering her head.

— Where are your parents? You can't be out here alone. - he said, looking around.

— They're gone... They're dead... — she said softly, suddenly she clutched her stomach and began to moan softly. Her response shocked Stan.

 - What do you mean "dead"? How did you even get here alone? - but noticing that the girl suddenly fell to the ground and clutched his stomach, concerned asked. - Hey, what's wrong with you? 

— There is... much... want... - she spoke less and less, gradually losing consciousness.

— How much did you not eat?

- Three days. — after that she was quiet. Stan immediately panicked, and he grabbed her in his arms and ran into the cabin.

— Quick, give her something to eat! Wendy and Soos ran to his scream.