Chapter 35

* Okay wow. So, this is it, the final chapter has made its way into this story and I can't believe it. I'll save all the thank you's until the end but i wanna apologize for the huge wait, my month has been very busy! But i have good news you guys might wanna know. This month i actually got the chance to meet Beau and Skip and get a hug from both of them and of course I also attended the concert here in Florida! It's something i'll never forget! But on another note, I hope you guys like this chapter. WARNING: I cried while writing it so im sorry if it makes you cry! *

                    I wake up to my alarm and a wave of pure sadness washes over me, engulfing me in dread.

            Today, I'm leaving.

        I drag myself out of bed with no emotion as I get dressed. I feel numb, as well as weak. The night went by too fast and now this is it.

        I glance at my clock. It's five in the morning, my flight leaves in about 3 hours. I grab my phone and head down the stairs to see my parents lugging around our bags as they prepare to leave.

        "Alexis, hurry up and eat some breakfast, we have to leave in about twenty minutes." My mother says as she taps on her phone, not even bothering to look up at me. I walk to the kitchen and notice it's emptiness, it looks so dull. I quickly throw some food together and force myself to eat something, although I have no appetite.

        "Alex!" My mother calls and I jump. I hadn't realized I had zoned out. "Let's go, we're leaving."

           I just have too many things running through my head.

           As we walk to the front door, I turn back around and look at the place I had called home  for a year...it's been a year that I've been in Melbourne. A year of all this drama. A year since I met Beau. This place holds so many memories that it aches to leave.

           And Beau...my sweet, beautiful, Beau...I have to leave him behind as I start a new life, yet again, in a whole different country, so many miles away from seeing him.

           I sit in the car as it starts up and pulls out of the driveway. As it pulls away, I take one last look at my home. We drive past the abandoned park, where only Beau and I know of the hidden field. As we pass it, a tear runs down my face as I think of all the memories.

        I sigh.

        My eyes feel heavy and I allow them to close, listening to the soft voices of my parents as they drive.

        I gave Beau the information he wanted last night for when I was leaving. It will hurt me so much when I see him at the airport, but at least I get to see him one last time.

        After a while, I finally allow myself to fall asleep.

                                                                                ****

        I wake up to someone shaking me awake. My eyes open slowly as I see my father's face in front of me.

        "Come on, Alex, we're here." He sighs and yanks our bags out of the car. I rub my eyes and hop out of the car, grabbing my own bags. I see the airport in front of me and the planes taking off and I realize that I will be in one of those planes soon, getting farther and farther away as I go.

        I don't pay attention to anything as I walk, my parents ahead of me. The cool air hits me as I walk inside and I see all the busy people hurrying around the crowded place.