Chapter 20

* Sorry I couldn't update,I had computer issues and i had lack of time, so here's the new chapter. This one's a bit more interesting and it'll get the story going :) *

    I sit in the center of the crowded store in the mall as I wait for my friend, who I met a while back, Lexy to arrive.

   Last night, I spent at least an hour, telling Jai everything. I told him about how me and Beau grew close, developed feelings for each other and now we want to be together. I told him that Beau was the reason I left Luke and about how terrible and sorry I am.

   What surprised me most is that Jai accepted everything I was saying, and I know I can trust him.

   Since the first day of winter break is today, I decided to go shopping with Lexy, so we can bond even more.

   I feel a tap on my shoulder.

   " Hey!" She squeals. " Now let's get our shop on." She smirks and so do I, and we hurry away to a random clothes store.

   After a while of looking around, she speaks up.

   "How are you and Luke doing?"

   My face falls.

   " Oh, uh...we broke up..."

   Her mouth drops. "Oh my god, why?"

   I decide to tell her about Beau as well, spilling almost everything.

   " I knew it! I knew he liked you, I could tell!" I smile as she claps her her hands.

   " Yeah, but he keeps ignoring my calls and texts, I'm actually really worried."

   She tilts her head, confused.

   " It's like he wanted me to break up with Luke, then the day after, he started ignoring me." I shake my head. " He always said he'd be there for me no matter what, but when I needed him most, he was at some party and was to 'busy' to comfort me."

   She shakes her head as well.

   " Sounds like he's being a real ass...but Beau tends to be like that sometimes." I don't want to agree with her, but I find myself nodding.

   She sighs.

   " Let's not worry about boys right now, this is girl time." I smile.

   She picks through the clothes on the rack, studying them closely to see if they are to her liking.

   "Oh, hey, do you like this shirt? I think it would look great on you." She holds up a low cut t-shirt that has an amazing design on it. I grin and nod.

   " I'll try it on right now."

   I hurry towards the back of the store and into the fitting rooms. I pull my current shirt over my head and put the new one on.

   Since it's a v-neck, it exposes some of my chest. Something catches my eye that I had completely forgotten about.

   I stare at it in the mirror. I see the gleam of it's little diamonds shimmering and I bring my hand up to it.

   I run my fingers over the small Eiffel Tower necklace that Luke bought me.

   I had forgotten about it this whole time, and now that I remember it, my face falls and it reminds me of my first day here. I think of how happy Luke was and how protective he was of me that night. I feel upset over all the memories and what I did will forever haunt me. That look in his eyes when I left him sitting on their couch with the news that we could no longer be together, was the most heartbreaking thing. And he doesn't even know that the reason I left him, was because of his older brother.

   I shake my head, pulling off the shirt and replacing it with the original one I had. I take the little pendant and tuck it into my shirt.

   Maybe I'll forget about it again.

   I walk back over to Lexy, who's still clothes hunting. " Well?" She motions towards the shirt that's in my hand. I nod. " I like it, let me pay for it and then we can get something to eat, I'm starved."

   After paying for the shirt, I retrieve my bag and me and Lexy head off to the food court. We make our way towards the escalator and hop on.

   " So what exactly did Luke do when you...you know." Lexy asks.

   I sigh.

   " It was terrible because just minutes before we were dancing around the living room and then...and then he kissed me and I just feel so bad." I look down. "He started crying..." She raises her eyebrows. "He kissed you? Why'd you break up with him after that?" I shrug.

   " I had to. I had been kissing and hugging him, but I kept imagining it was Beau...I knew I had to."

   "But now Beau hasn't talked to you for almost more than a week. I mean if you knew Beau would be an ass, would you still of left Luke?"

   We stand in line waiting to order our food, the sound of many people talking fill my ears.

   " I don't know, Lexy...this is all so confusing. The only people who really talk to me now are you and Jai." She shrugs. "I don't know what to tell you, Alex."

   We order our food and now we are made to wait for it. Lexy speaks up.

   " Hey, can I trust you with something?" I nod. "Of course." She smirks a little and looks down. "You're good friends with Jai then?" I nod slowly. "I guess you could say that."

   She smiles.

   "Okay, just keep it a secret that I like him...okay?" A smile grows on my face.

   "Awh! Lexy's got a crush!" I say, swatting her arm gently.

   She blushes and looks down again.

   "Yeah, yeah...I just wanted to tell you that, it's hard keeping it to yourself."

   I nod.

   "I swear I won't tell anyone."

   We receive our trays of food and we wander into the court where all the tables are, people filling almost every chair.

   I scan the room, searching for an open table to sit at.  I hear Lexy sigh in annoyance and so do I.

   "Man, there isn't anywhere to s-"

   I cut myself off as I see something that rips my heart out of my chest.

   At a table, a few tables in front of us, I see the popular girl, Jessica.

   And she is perched on Beau's lap, with the snapback I bought for him, on her head. They are laughing and he has his arms around her waist.

   And I fall apart, then and there, as she leans down and kisses him.

   And he doesn't pull away.

* Please leave your comments about what you think of this cliffhanger, I tried to make this chapter so it was building up to this moment and now the intense part of the story takes off! Hope you guys liked it *