Chapter 23

* I can't thank you all enough for all the votes and reads and comments on this story, I am so amazed that my story has gotten this far already ily all *

   I hold my stomach as I stumble out of the movie theater with Luke and Jai by my side, laughing in unison. It reminds me of the first night I got here and that makes me smile.

   "Oh my god! That part when that thing came out of the closet I was just like...oh shit!" Jai runs his hand through his hair with a big smile plastered on his face.

   We make our way down the street that is now empty and dark, making my nerves take over considering the movie we just saw.

   There are a few people around, but they walk away quickly and out of sight.

   Luke and Jai are talking among themselves as we walk. But my mind is racing, it has been for hours.

   Jai updated me on how Beau is doing and it's not good. Apparently, since the last I saw him, he's been walking the streets at night and never coming home. And what killed me the most is he's drinking a lot, and that makes me want to slap him. He shouldn't be doing this because of me, it makes me feel even more of a bad person.

   And even worse, Beau and Luke refuse to talk anymore, they don't even look at each other anymore, according to Jai.

   They hate each other, all because of me.

   My thoughts are cut off and I'm brought back to reality as Luke and Jai let out a loud laugh and I smile. Who needs Beau? I have Jai and now Luke again to be there for me. I trust them, both of them have always been good to me, something that Beau hasn't. But,  then I think of all the good things Beau has done for me. He's been good to me the most, but I guess things change...people change. One day you're laughing and joking with them and the next day their gone and different. But I guess that's just the way of life.

   "I've never seen anyone jump as much as you did, Alex, in that one part. Oh my god I was dying laughing." I laugh a little.

   "Hey, don't try to act all manly, you were white as a ghost when we left that theater, Jai. You were terrified."

   He smiles and shrugs.

   I look around. Luke isn't in our small group of three. "Where's Luke...?" I say slowly, fear setting in. Jai looks around as well.

   "Luke!" He calls, and my heart starts racing as I hear a noise coming from the dark alleyway up ahead.

   And then I hear a voice come from it.

   Luke's voice.

   Me and Jai walk slowly up towards the opening and peer around the wall into the darkness. My fear is so noticeable, it's probably written across my face.

   "Luke?" I say so quietly it's almost a whisper.

   I wait in silence, no Luke in sight.

   All I hear is my breathing, as well as my rapid heartbeat.

   And I feel hands grab me as I let out a scream that's extra loud. After I stop my scream, I hear laughter and the clapping of hands as Luke emerges from the dark, laughing alongside Jai. My mouth hangs open.

   "You guys are assholes!" I say, feeling my heartbeat die down to a steady pace. They stop their laughter as we continue walking, only with proud smiles upon their faces.

   Little did I know what was gonna happen next.

   As we round the dark corner, I see him. I see him leaning against the brick wall, with a beer bottle in his hands, his eyes closed. His clothes are thrown on sloppily and his hair is unkept. I notice some stubble on his face indicating he hasn't shaved.

   My breath catches in my throat.

   It's Beau...Jai was right.

   I think back. This couldn't possibly of been because I left him standing there in the parking garage, it's not possible. I couldn't of done that to him, if I did then that means he cares about me more than I thought. But of course, I may not be the cause of this.

   Would he really do this and fall apart because of me? I keep asking myself this.

   I feel a hand on my shoulder and Jai whispers in my ear. "I told you...he's broken."

   Tears spring into my eyes. Did I break him?

   I turn to hear Luke and Jai talking. "There's no other way home, we have to pass him, Luke..." I see Luke shake his head. "Fine...but god, I hate him. He caused all of this himself when he took Alex away from me..." I put my head in my hands as he says that.

   Jai shakes his head. "Come on Alex...just don't say anything...he hasn't noticed us just yet."

   He keeps his hand on the small of my back and we slowly start walking. It makes me very nervous walking past him. Remembering when he saved me from that guy at the club, there's no telling what he's capable of.

   As we walk past, I study his face. He really does look hurt and broken. I told him to never bother talking to me again and he's been listening. I keep wondering if I should just forgive and forget, he is the one that I've wanted for a long time.

   Jai is on my left, while Luke is on my right, which is closest to where Beau is. And as we walk past, Luke speaks up. 

   He turns to Beau who hasn't seen us and says, "Asshole..."

   I watch as Beau's eyes open and he see's who is there. His eyes lock onto Luke and they widen. Luke has stopped walking, causing us to halt as well. They are having a staredown, before Beau's eyes land on me. My eyes are wide and scared as he looks.

   To my surprise, his eyes soften when he see's me.

   He stares.

   After a minute, he realizes Luke again, and he drops his beer bottle to the floor. He takes Luke by his shirt and shoves him against the brick wall.

   "What the fu-" Luke starts, but Beau cuts him off by yelling.

   "Don't call me an asshole, if anything that's what you are! Look at what you've caused! You took her from me! If you wouldn't have come into the picture, this never would of happened! So now that I've lost her, you try to take her back? I hate you Luke, for what you've done! You ruined everything cause you couldn't keep your dumbass feelings to your god damn self!"

   He pushes Luke back and let's go of his shirt, his face is dark red and his eyes are wild. He backs away as Luke just stands there.

   I hear him sniffle, and he turns to me.

   He's crying a bit and he begins to walk.

   As he walks past me, he whispers through tears.

   "I'm sorry..."

   And he's gone.

*Make sure to leave comments on what you think will happen next! Thanks for reading!! :) *