Chapter 6

Hey everyone, im sooo sorry I couldnt update sooner but with school and life in general is its hard to update, I promise I will get this story going as soon as possible! Thanks for the reads and votes so far, keep em coming!

  I pull my brush gently through my hair one last time before grabbing my phone. Tonight, I'm hanging out with the boys and I'm really looking forward to it.

   I text Luke, telling him I'm ready. He quickly responds.

   " Cool, Beau will pick you up."

   I smile. Beau was so nice to me earlier at the mall, he comforted me and hugged me a lot. I can't wait to see him.

   Soon enough, I hear a knock on my door and I rush down the stairs. I swing open the door to see no one there. My previous smile fades as I realize he's not here. I start to close the door, disappointment washing over me like a wave.

   " Boo!" I jump as Beau pops out from behind the bushes near my front door, laughing his head off.

   " Oh god, you should of seen your face!" He says, crouching onto the floor in laughter. I sigh and try to look mad, but a smile spreads across my face when I see him smiling at me.

   " Okay, you got me...now let's go." I say as he lays on the grass.

   " I've fallen and I can't get up." He laughs. He looks at me, his green eyes glowing with pure amusement. He lifts his arms towards me.

   " Help." He grins and I laugh. I grab onto his hand and help him up. When I pull him up, as he stands, his face comes very close to mine. So close that I can feel his breath on my face. I look down, embarrassed.

   " Sorry..." He said, laughing. " Uh, come on then." He turns around and walks to the car.

   I don't know what to think.

   When I pulled Beau up, I felt something. I know this sounds so cliche, like in those movies, but I honestly felt a spark...like legit I could've sworn I saw an actual spark. He was so close to me when he stood, as if it was done on purpose, I could smell the mint of his gum on my face, his breath coming out short and rigid.

   As we both climbed into the car, we sat in silence, just staring out the window.

   Beau cleared his throught and started up the car. " So what type of music do you like?" He said, skipping through the radio stations.

   " This song!" I gasped and he stopped. " I love it." He smiled. " Same here, Clarity is an awesome song."

   I smiled, watching as he started to hum the familar tune, gradually increasing into words of the song.

   " If our love is tragedy, why are you my clarity."

   The song ended and Beau sighed, pulling into a parking lot. I stared at him, examining his every move. " So, your a singer too?" He laughed.

   " Nah, I'm not really the type to have that dream of being a singer. I want to go for acting or professional skateboarding."

   Acting? Yes, I could see Beau as an actor, his beautiful face on the big screen...his perfect smile, hair, accent, personality.

   I stop myself and shake the thoughts clear out of my head, before opening the door and getting out, with Beau at my side. We start walking by the lakeside, admiring the shining lights that illuminate over the water. I watch the water as it ripples and I look again to see the lights up above, that are strung over the lamp posts.

   " Beautiful, isn't it?" I hear Beau's voice in my head and turn to him. He's smiling, the dim light hitting his face, making his eyes glow. " Yeah, it's amazing." I look down, thoughts are racing through my mind. " I'm glad I came here with you." I keep my eyes down, waiting for his reaction where he'll turn around and walk away, but it doesn't come.

   Instead, he grins and looks down as well.

   Suddenly, I feel a warm hand, grip to my own, the fingers naturally intertwining together as I look up at him, my heart in my stomach.

   " I'm glad I came here too."

   His hand quickly jerks out of mine when someone calls his name, and I frown. I look closer to see the boys running towards us. And they stop when they reach us, Luke hanging back, just staring at us.

   " Oh, hey boys..." Beau says quietly. " Beau, oh my god, you missed it. We almost pushed Skip in the lake and he was swearing like crazy!" James gushed excitedly.

   " Like this?" Jai spoke as his hands roughly connect to Skip as he falls helplessly into the dark lake.

   Immediately, we all bust into laughter, doubling over and holding onto each other for balance. I look around at everyone laughing, but my eyes land on Luke, who's standing there with his head down.

   Skip climbs out of the lake, dripping wet, and shoves Jai, which causes much more laughter.

   " Alex." I hear Luke say and my head snaps up. " Can I talk to you? In private?" I look around and notice the boys staring at Luke and back to me. " Sure..." I say, not positive why Luke seems so upset and distant.

   I walk over to him and follow behind as he leads us to the back of a small, unknown, restaurant. He stops and sighs.

   " Are you doing okay, Luke?" I ask, slightly concerned. I watch him carefully as he looks at the ground, his hands shoved into his hoodie pockets. He looks scared and very upset, and I'm getting really nervous about what might happen next.

   Finally, he speaks up.

   " Alex, I know we basically just met and all, but I feel like I've known you forever. I feel like we were meant to become friends, and I just have to tell you something. I know I shouldn't, but I can't stand people who hiding their emotions, especially my own."

   My breathing level increases, I know what to expect now.

   " I really like you, Alex. I don't know why I liked you so quickly, and I don't expect you to say anything back. I wanna get to know you, learn things about you. I have a deep connection with you, Alex."

   My mouth is opened slightly, not sure if sound is coming out or not.

   And I'm taken by surprise as Luke's warm lips, collide with my own.