Chapter 7

* Thank you all for 200 reads! I know it's not a lot to be proud of but to me it is and I hope this story will become big! Keep voting and more comments with feedback would be amazing! *

  I breath sharply through my nose as he kisses me, holding onto my waist. The kiss is warm and quick, not exactly what I imagined it would be if we ever did end up kissing, but it was actually...nice.

   After he pulled away, he waits for my reaction. I can't help but smile, and his face lights up.

   I breath out. " I wanna know you better too, Luke." He grins. " But, let's take it slow. I really don't wanna rush into anything."

   He nods and laughs. " Agreed. But to kick it off and make it official," He smiles widely. " Alex, will you go out with me?" I laugh and nod, hoping that this would be a good start for me and my new life here, despite all the other things I have to worry about. And I do like Luke, I think. We get along and he's really sweet, so I'm going to give him a chance.

   " Thanks for giving me a chance." He says as if he read my mind. He pulls me into a tight hug. His voice changes. " Not many people give me chances..." I sigh into the hug, enjoying it that finally someone can hold me and love me, just like him, not many people ever gave me chances either.

   I close my eyes and smile, the hug seeming to last forever, but I don't want it to end.

   I can tell Luke is happy too, for his grip tightens around me.

   He pulls away. " We should get back to them." I nod and we walk back to the still laughing group of boys.

   " So what was that about Luke, huh?" Skip asked, winking at him.

   He smiled, his face very happy and different then it was when we got here. " Nothing, just had to discuss a school project." He looked at me and smiled, and I did the same. The boys grinned, staring at us. " That's always the excuse, isn't it?"

   Luke laughed and shook his head. The boy's carried on with their funny conversations we we walked down the lakeside, Luke sticking by my side the whole time. The boys stopped to argue about why Goldfish were a better snack than peanut butter crackers and I finally realized just how random they were. Soon enough, they started yelling and laughing and just having fun, I loved this side of them.

   I laughed as Luke pushed Skip and started arguing as well. " No! Goldfish are life." He screamed, obviously defending the Goldfish side, while Skip and Jai were on the side for the other. My stomach hurt from laughing so much as Beau turned to me.

   " Alex, what's better, crackers or Goldfish?" They turned to me, waiting for my answer.

   I smiled and opened my mouth.

   " Goldfish!" I yelled and they all cheered. Luke ran over and quickly picked me up, swinging me around. " Yes! She knows what she's talking about! She is a queen." He set me down and looked at me. " My queen now..." He whispered and I smiled. He looked down and grabbed ahold of my hand. I smiled again and my eyes wandered around the group to see if anyone noticed.

   My eyes scanned the group, realizing they were all paying attention to each other. Then I noticed Beau look at me, just a friendly glance, but when he looked, he saw my hand in Luke's and he looked back and forth at our hands and then to me. His smile was fading slightly every second until he had no expression on his face, other than a hint of emotion in his eyes that I couldn't figure out.

   He kept staring at me, but I couldn't face him for some reason, so I just looked at the ground. Minutes of silence between us went by until Beau spoke up.

   " Hey, guys, I'm just gonna go..." We all turned our attention to him as he shoved his hands into his jacket and turned to leave.

   " Why, man? We haven't even been here long!" Skip said, confused. Beau looked to me, straight in the eyes and said quietly, " I've been here long enough..."

   And with that, he turned and started to walk away. " Beau..." I said quietly, but he ignored me and walked away with his head down.

   " What's up with him?" Jai said and they turned to look at me. I shrugged, not really knowing myself.

   I suddenly heard a whisper in my ear. " Come on, I'll drive you home." Luke said. I nodded and said goodbye to the boys as me and Luke walked slowly to his car.

   We got in and the entire way,we just sat in silence, not sure whether we should discuss Beau or our new relationship.

 As we pulled into the driveway, Luke turned to me. " I left because I don't want any of them ruining what just started between us. I don't know what was up with Beau, but I hope you had a good time." I nodded and faked a smile, knowing that there would soon be a lot more drama than I wanted.

   He wrapped his arms around me before letting me out.

   I walked up to my front door, let myself in, trudged up the stairs, and fell back onto my bed.

   " What am I getting into?" I ask myself, my head in my hands.