Chapter 16

* I can't thank everyone who reads this story and waits for the updates, it means so much to and it means so much that this fanfic has nearly 1.5k reads! This chapter is a bit longer than the others and probably one of my personal favorites so far *

   The streets are already getting dark as I make my way to the old park, already saving to many memories from there. I don't know exactly what I'm planning on telling Beau, but I know I have to explain my feelings.

   Every step I take, I realize how I'm gonna have to talk to Luke about all of this. My feelings for Beau grow stronger every time I see his face, and unfortunately  when I see Luke, my feelings aren't how they used to be, and that kills me.

   I sigh.

   I don't want to think about it, but my mind won't stop bringing it up.

   If my liking for Beau gets any stronger, I'm gonna have to break up with Luke.

   No, I don't want to focus on that right now...I can't.

   I make my way to the old secret place where everything started, and step inside onto the grassy plain.

   Beau is already waiting there, standing. He has his hair out of a hat for once and he looks perfect. He has a dark blue hoodie on that zips up the front and he has black jeans on. He notices my presence and smiles.

   " Hey." He grins.

   I smile back." Hi."

   He makes his way over to me and stops. " Come on, I wanna go somewhere." I tilt my head slightly.

   " Where are we going...I really need to talk to you." He smiles. " Don't worry, we can talk still, we're just gonna go on a walk in town."

   I nod and follow him down the short streets, passing all the houses who's lights have turned on inside, now that the sky was dark.

   We make our way to a main road, cars zooming past us in a blur. Across from the main road, there were small buildings with little shops and colorful lights were strung along the sidewalks since it was almost Christmas.

   Beau looked up and down the street and waited for not so many cars to be going by. " Okay, we're gonna cross." He looked at me and smiled. " Ready...RUN!" He yelled and we bolted across the street. He grabbed my hand as we got to a small median in the center of the highway.

   He stopped and looked at me, breathing through his mouth in heavy breaths.

   " Ready for round two?" I laughed and nodded and he gripped my hand tighter, sprinting out onto the highway. I laugh as he drags me across the road and he screams when a car comes heading towards us.

   We make it to the edge of the highway as he loses is balance and stumbles onto the sidewalk, still holding onto my hand.

   I can barely contain my breaths, one from laughing so much, the other from running across a main highway.

   " Well, that was fun." He exclaims when he regains his balance again. He looks to me and smiles a small grin. " So now we can talk."

   We start walking along the long, empty sidewalk, little lights dangle across the poles, illuminating the walkways and the small shops that are around it.

   I sigh.

   I try to think of what to say to him but my mind has gone blank. I'm just gonna have to say whatever comes to my mind.

   I look at him quickly and can't help but stare.

   He's staring at me as well, the lights around us making him stand out, making it appear that he is glowing. I remember the first day I saw him in drama class, I called him perfection at the time and now I see that he really is.

   I hate myself for admitting it, but I feel more for Beau than I do now for Luke.

   So I spill everything to him.

   " Since the day I first met you, I knew we would become friends...we had to be. I walked into class and saw you and I was immediately attracted to you. I didn't think you would actually wanna be friends with me and that night when we played Truth or Dare and I was dared to kiss you, I knew if I would of, I would of fallen for you..." I look down and take a breath.

   " And now I have fallen for you Beau..." I don't look at him, I just continue. " I really do like you...I didn't realize it before but now I do and I'm not sure what to do about it. I...I think your perfect, I love everything about you. And I feel more for you than I ever did for Luke. I liked you from the first day we talked to each other, and I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it."

   My eyes wander to him, nervous for his reaction. He stops walking and stares at me, amazement in his face. A small smile crosses the corners of his mouth and he comes closer to me.

   He takes my face in his warm hands and pulls my head towards his. Our faces are so close, our noses are almost touching. My breathing speeds up, my heart beating out of my chest. We've never been this close before.

   His breaths increase as well as he presses his forehead against mine. It's just me and him on an empty street, surrounded by beautiful lights and cold wind.

   I open my eyes and look up into his sparkling green ones. " I didn't know you felt that way, Alex...all this time." I smile slightly and so does he. " I'm sorry it took me so long to see that I like you...but I'm glad I know now." I stare at his face, his perfect, beautiful face. " You make me so happy, Beau." I whisper.

    He starts to lean forward.

   This is it...he's going to kiss me. I watch as his eyes close and he comes closer. I freeze.

   I can't kiss him...not yet.

   " Beau...wait." I say and he stops, disappointment clear on his face. " I want to kiss you, you know I do...but what about Luke? I'm technically still with him." Beau frowns. I look at him. " If I kissed you, the guilt of hurting Luke behind his back while being with him, even if my feelings are changed, it would kill me. I can't do that to someone."

   Beau sighs and leans back.

   " Alex, you're gonna break up with him...right?"

   I sigh and nod.

   " I have to...I don't want to hurt him, but I want to be with you...I need to be."

   He smiles and grabs my hand again.

   " I'll come over to your house tomorrow night and I'll tell him it's not working out. I don't think I should mention your the reason I'm leaving him..."

   Beau nods and we start walking down the sidewalk again.

   We go into various shops and I end up buying him a snapback that he insists on me getting for him which says: 

   " My Girl Bought Me This"

   He points to the hat after we leave the shop.

   " This will forever be my favorite hat, from my girl."

   I smile.

    "My girl."

   I like the sound of that.