Chapter 5

I wake up to the sunlight beaming brightly through my window. I sit up in bed, remembering we have off school today. The first thing I think of are the events that happened yesterday. What stressful day.

   For some reason, the next thing I think of is Luke and Beau and the things have happened so far. I bring my hand up to my chest and feel the little pendant on my new necklace. That was the nicest gift I've ever gotten, and I had just met him yesterday. I want to see him again, so I grab my phone, hoping I put his number in my hone last night, along with Beau's.

   I check my contacts and smile. I dial the number and after three rings, he picks up with a low, morning voice.

   " Hey Luke!" I say happily. I can tell he's smiling on the other end as his voice changes.

   " Hey, I didn't think you would actually call me." I smiled. " Well, I did." He laughed slightly on the other end.

   " I was thinking maybe we could hang out again tonight, you know so I can get to know the boys more."

   " Sure, I know this lake we could walk around and it's really nice." I smile. " They play music and it has a lot of nice lights, and a fountain."

   " Okay, make sure you convince all the boys to come cause I really wanna hang out." I smiled even though I knew he couldn't see me.

   " Will do. See you tonight." I hang up the phone and smile. I walk over to my closet and scan my eyes over the small amount of stuff I have. I need to go shopping, like now. I grab my phone and go downstairs, of course my parents aren't here, I actually like my privacy...but then again I wish I had friends or a boyfriend that could come over and we could watch movies together.

   I shake my head and sigh, the only thing I have to get around on is my skateboard that I've had since I was a kid. I start skating down the street, not knowing my surroundings yet. I keep going until I see someone up ahead, skating as well. I near closer and hear them call my name.

   " Alex!" I smile as I see Beau come up to me and halt.

   " Hey, I didn't know your a skater." I shrug. " Guess so, I didn't know you were either."

   He looked down the street then back to me.

   " So, where you headed?" He asks. " Back to the mall to buy new clothes since I have none, ya know, the usual." He chuckles. " Maybe I could come? I wanna check out some pennyboards and maybe a new hat?"

   I watch as he shifts the hat that's on his head. I don't know why, but I snatched the hat off his head and took off down the street.

   " Now you need a new hat!" I yell back to him and I hear him laugh. I see out of the corner of my eye that he is coming up beside me and I smile. I put the hat on my head and I laugh as he quickly takes it off. " Oh no you don't, this is my favorite hat, I wouldn't give it up for anything or anyone." He says, adjusting is back onto his head, fixing his windswept hair.

   After a while we reach the mall and walk around for a bit.

   " Man, I don't see anything here..." Beau looks at me. " No? Maybe if we went upstairs we could find something-" His words are cut off by someone calling my name. I turn to see the girl from the other day who made me drop my phone and walked me to drama class.

   " Oh, hey. Lexy right?" She nods and notices Beau standing next me. " Oh, hey Beau." she says and her eyes travel between us, back and forth. She pulls me to the side.

   " Are you guys dating or...?" She asks and I laugh. I can tell she said it too loudly because Beau lightly from behind us.

   I shake my head and smile. " No, were friends, that's all." She ruffles her eyebrows. " Really?" She says more quiet. " It looks like he kinda likes you."

   I shake my head, still smiling and turn back to Beau. I turn to Lexy. " So you wanna hang with us?" Her face lights up. " Sure! I'd love to bond with you, Alex." I smile at her kindess and we all walk upstairs together.

   It's been about thirty minutes and every few minutes, I can see Beau looking at me. He hasn't talkes very much, leaving the conversation to me and Lexy. And Lexy is actually very funny and she's still convinced me and Beau like each other.

   " Hey, I'm gonna go run into a store back there, I saw a really cool hat in there." He pats my shoulder as he runs off. I sigh as I turn back to Lexy. I notice she's staring at me, smiling. " What?" I laugh as she looks away. " Oh, nothing...I just have a feeling." I shake my head and look forward. I slow down as I see the blonde hair of the girl I'm starting to dislike, the one who seems to be throwing herself at Beau.

   As we near closer to where her and her friends are, she glances our way and see's us. She whispers in her friends ears and they all laugh. Before we can turn away, they come over to us. I sigh as she stops in front of us with her friends.

   " Hey, Alex right?" I nod and she smirks. " Wow, can't believe I bothered to remember." I laugh under my breath and look her straight in her eyes. She turns to her friends and mutters under her breath. " I can't believe Beau would actually want to hand out with an ugly, new girl like her, unbelievable..." She says it loud enough for me to hear and her friends laugh.

   I try to take this as lightly as possible, and roll my eyes. " Just go away, Jessica..." Lexy barks, but she ignores her. " She probably gets on his nerves everyday, I would kill myself if I was Beau to get away from you." I look down, my face turning red in anger, my eyes squinting.

   " Listen here Jessica or whatever your name is, I honestly don't have time for your shit, okay? I just don't even wanna hear what you have to say, cause I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass what you think of me." She looks surprised at my choice of words and I'm glad I used them.

   " Don't even lie, Alex. You know that I could make your life miserable in one second, so maybe you should start caring because whatever reputation you have now, will be gone is a second. You know Beau would never like you, if that's what you think. Just so you know, he likes me and we are dating so back off him, unless you don't want a terrible year at our school, you better think fast because no one's gonna be there to save your sorry ass when everyone hates you."

   I try to open my mouth for something to say back, but nothing comes out. I think it's best that I don't say anything, I'm not the type to be hurt by someones words, but I've been bullied my whole life and I really thought this would be a new start, but I guess I thought wrong. All I can do is huff and turn away, with Lexy by my side. I start walking back the way we came and as I'm looking down, I feel a body bump into me.

   " Will you just watch where your going! I don't need this." I look up, with tears stinging my eyes as I see Beau in front of me. " What happened?" He says, concerned and Lexy points to the girls that ares still standing there laughing. Jessica is watching us as she see's Beau look over to her, and she waves, smiling.

   " That little-" Beau starts but I shake my head. " No, she's not worth it, let's just go please." I start to walk away, when I feel arms wrap around my back, pulling me close.

   I gasp as my face hits Beau's chest and his grip tightens around me. " It's okay, I'll deal with her later."

   I smile as we start to turn away, instantly feeling better that Beau is on my side.

   As we turn the corner, Beau's arm around my shoulder, I turn back, smiling and wave to the popular girl, who is now standing in the middle of the mall, shocked.