Don't Know What To Call This Chapter XD

(I have no hope for myself anymore XvX)

Kirito's POV~

             Leafa and I entered the Legrue Corridor and I used night vision magic to brighten up the room. She teased me of how ineffective Spriggan magic is in combat but muses that it may some day save our lives. As we walk, we continue talking about the spells in the game. Suddenly, Leafa unexpectedly received a somewhat cryptic message from Recon. We were interrupted by Yui, who informed us that twelve players were approaching us, prompting Leafa to hide us with a concealment spell. While hiding, I noticed a red bat and told Leafa about it who then immediately recognized it as a high-leveled tracer and quickly stepped out of her cover to strike the bat with magic, effectively destroying it. She then told me to run because the tracer was fire-attributed, meaning that the 12 players chasing them were Salamanders.

          We then arrived at the lake surrounding Legrue, but just before we could enter the city, a beam was fired overhead and had erected a stone wall in front of us, blocking our advance and deflecting my attack.

I asked, "Can they could bypass the wall by going into the river?"

Leafa denied, "There were powerful monsters in the lake which are almost impossible to kill without having an Undine for support."

I then told Leafa, "Stay back and support me."

          She agreed and I began the assault against the Salamander group. However, I was stopped by the Salamander shield formation which were then healed by one group of the Salamander mages while I was blasted away by fireballs fired by the other group, though Leafa healed me. Due to the combination of healing mages, attacking mages and blocking soldiers, I was having a hard time breaking through the formation and at this rate I would be killed.

Leafa said, " I suggest surrendering and starting again from Swilvane."

I refused, "While I'm alive. I would not let any party members die."

          On the last attempt to fight the charges, I was stopped once again, and was forced to jump back. At that moment, Yui told Leafa to use all of her mana to block the next attack. She hesitated a bit before casting her spell, allowing me to cast my own illusion spell. As the flames from the Salamander attack faded, I transformed into a creature resembling The Gleam Eyes. The soldiers began to panic and broke their formation, even though the leader tried to inform his fellows that it was just a "scary looking monster with a long reach", but I killed the panicking defending soldiers with ease, and so the leader told the mages to use explosion magic, but as they were chanting incantations, I struck fear on the Salamanders and interrupted their chanting and killed them, leaving the leader and one mage. The leader panicked and dived into the river but was shortly killed by one of the lake monsters. As I was about to kill the last mage in the party, Leafa stopped me so that the mage could be interrogated.

          At first, the mage did not comply to being interrogated, as Leafa was threatening him with her katana. It was only after I managed to bribe the Salamander with the battle spoils that the Salamander revealed the leader's name and that they were gathered to hunt down two players, which I thought was a bit too much until the leader of the party had told the party members that two players had defeated Kagemune's party earlier on.

I also told them, "A large Salamander force was heading north."

Leafa questioned, "They were going towards the World Tree?"

The mage stated, "We were not ready to go there yet, the army would require ancient-level gear to do so. "

          After telling what he knew, the mage left happily with the items. Afterwards, Leafa asked me whether the monster was him. Although I admitted that I had a tendency to forget most of my battles when I lost control, I said that I remembered being the monster, and that it had been very fun slashing at the Salamanders with my claws. As Yui told me that I had also chomped on some players while being the monster, and Leafa wondered what it tasted like, I told them that it was something like yakiniku (don't know if I spelled it right ^-^;) before being burnt. After that, I stopped and jokingly bit Leafa's hand and in return she hit me very hard on the cheek.

Time-Skip by candy~ ^v^

         We then entered the city and Leafa, after noticing that Recon was not online, logged out of the game under my advice to ask Recon in the real world what his message meant. After awhile, she connected to ALO once again and explained the situation to me.

She stated, "You should work for the Salamanders, as I believed that they were the most capable race to ascend the World Tree, and they would most likely kill the two leaders and get the money needed for their equipment. Since you are a Spriggan, you could work for them as a mercenary."

I declined this option, stating, "I would never use my friends for my personal benefit."

         Suddenly realizing that we were wasting time talking and not getting to the alliance treaty, I called Yui to lead the way. I then grabbed Leafa's arm and with my speed, we got out of the caves in no time.

{A/N: I'm sorry I couldn't update yesterday because my family from another state is over at my house to visit for a late Easter. I updated this when everyone was asleep, but I fell asleep myself TvT I'm going to make this short since my family is starting to wake up XD                                 Peace~