shifting your mindset

how to shift your mindset to actually be happier

"our outer reality is shaped
by our internal world "

we create our life with our thoughts because they create the reality we live in. but nevertheless this thread isn't about how to ignore our negative emotions (aka toxic positivity) - we experience them for a reason. this is about how to focus on your positive thoughts and the good things in life so that we can be overall much happier and content with life.

- stop believing that success is somewhere you arrive to. you constantly grow and even when you achieve a goal there will soon be another thing you're working towards. so: enjoy the process not the outcome. and just as brienna wiest said in one of her books: accomplishing goals is not success. how much you expand the process is.
that is where happiness comes from.

- what you focus on will grow stronger. so when you focus on the negative things in life and things that don't serve you, you will attract more of these things into your life. if you trust into the flow of life, focus on the positive in everything that's what you will attract.
and that' isn't sipirtual bs, i've experienced this quite a few times and i can tell you: it works!

- happiness is a choice: life isn't what happens to us but how we react to it, we all have this power. i read somewhere that 'everything in the universe is neutral, we give the things a meaning'. so we can give almost everything that happens to us a positive meaning. use the power of knowing that you aren't your thoughts. you can choose positive and empowering thoughts that serve you, just accept every moment as it is. however don't believe the toxic positivity BS! you can have sad days, you can feel overwhelmed and down - that is completely normal.
everyone has those days.

- speaking of feeling sad: don't confuse bad feelings for a bad life. don't project the present onto the near future. just because you feel sad at this very moment doesn't mean you'll feel this way forever. allow yourself to have bad days.
"feelings won't kill you. all things, even the worst, are transitionary"

- everything in the universe happens for a reason,

- you are not your ego, inner critic or mean girl (how melissa ambrosini calls it). the negative things you tell yourself aren't reality, those thoughts are just believes and experiences from our subconscious mind. we can rewrite our story, change our believes and choose love instead.

"if you consciously learn to regard the 'problems' in your life as openings for you to adopt a greater understanding and then develop a better way of living, you will step our of the labyrinth of suffering and learn what it means to thrive"