stop giving a f*ck

how to stop caring about what other people think.
- a thread

this is something i have been working on for the longest time myself (and i still am) but here are some tips and thoughts that have helped me immensely. enjoy!

- how people see and think about you is not who you actually are. it's just their own perception of you. how we see other people is never objective. we always project our own reality onto other people.

- anger = self-recognition
when people dislike/criticize something about you that has nothing to do with them it's probably because of their shadow self. they see something in you that they try really hard to suppress about themselves. let's say a person dislikes you because you're 'too much' (too confident and unapologetically you) it's probably because they are insecure and deep down want to be confident and 'too much' themselves. however they suppressed that part about themselves and when they see it in other people they start to feel anger towards that person.
so if the thing people may hate you for is actually the part they wish they would be themselves.. why should you even care about their opinion?

- make a list of the people you love and care about (friends, family, romantic partner,..). you should care about their opinion about certain situations but if someone you don't know (and therefore isn't on the list) criticizes you or even insults you: don't take it personally and don't care about their opinion. they don't belong to your close circle, move on with your life and don't feel insecure just because someone random criticized you. their opinion is irrelevant.

- don't take someone else's opinion as the ultimate truth. as i've said it's never objective. it's subjective because they always see you through their own eyes/reality.

-you also don't know what people are going through. so don't take it personally when you're treated unfairly by strangers. it has nothing to do with you! maybe they have just been dumped. maybe they're deeply unhappy with their life or maybe someone they loved recently died. (even though it's of course no excuse or bad behavior)
when you try to have compassion for what people may be going though and acknowledge that you don't know what's going on in their lives its easier not to take it personally. it's not about you, it's about them.