Look Pretty For The Camera

AN
American sports are cool but I do not know a single thing so you'll have to mind my awful knowledge.
Now back to the show...

"It's so a date," Piper announced, sounding far too affirmative for something sipping from a Capri Sun while hanging upside off Nico's bed. "So very, totally a date."

"It's not a date," Nico sighed out for the seventh time, tossing a stray beanie on the table at Piper's all too smug face for emphasis. "All I'm doing is going to a game with Will. A totally platonic hang out."

She stopped slurping from her straw and sat herself up against the headboard, legs crossed and head tilted thoughtfully, "Mhmm. Yes. Sorry I have to remove the 'no homo filter'." Nico had to press back a smile at her antics, Piper posed herself into a typical meditating position, her eyes squeezing shut for a good five seconds before she burst them open, revealing her kaleidoscope irises. "Okay, so all you're doing is going out to a game with the guy you've been crushing over for months and... Ah! You guys are totally gonna make out!"

She had the audacity to get offended when a cushion smacked her in the face.

~*~

Nico for one had never been very interested in any sort of sports in general — and being completely honest the only ones he at least knew the basis of the rules of was football.

However, it didn't really matter because Nico found himself in a cheap, grey, plastic stadium seat looking off at an astro that was sectioned with perpendicular, white lines. Okay so maybe he knew absolutely nothing about soccer, but he couldn't particularly bring himself to even care. Especially since Will was sitting by his side looking all adorable wrapped up in a woolly scarf of black and yellow supporting his team colours. Only then did Nico regret his choice of attire, the all black a lucky coincidence but he was practically shivering once a single chill caught his spine.

Will didn't fail to notice this though, "So you think that early January calls for leather jackets and ripped skinnies?" Nico threw a scowl at him, about to toss some snarky response before his teeth chattered instead. The blonde chuckled at him and Nico felt the slight urge to strangle him with his too cute scarf — that was until Will started to unwind it from around his neck and placing it reverently on Nico's shoulders.

All too quickly the commentators voices boomed through the megaphones, the entire stadium roaring in excitement... though Nico couldn't hear anything but a single thought, friends lend each other their clothes if they're cold... right?

As it turned out, Nico got way more into the game than he expected. Initially, he got more than a whim out of watching Will grow tense, excited, ecstatic, disappointed at different stages. He found it cute how he was quite literally sitting on the edge of his seat, whooping and cheering and once heckling at the referee for not calling out that utter foul. Nico always knew Will was a sports fanatic (he was basically one of the star players of the basketball team back in high school) but it was still endearing that this boy he knew that was now going through the pressures of premed -and retreating to his nerd cave every two hours - was also a total jock.

With all this going on it wasn't long before Nico too was perched on the edge of his seat, eyes tracing the small black and white ball as it was dribbled and passed from player too player. He'd hear himself cheering every time they made it into the oppositions penalty box, griping desperately at the arm rest or cup holder. Nico found himself manic as they scored, their goalie missing the catch by a slither, and whooped as Will's strong arms looked around his neck, a vigour celebration for both.

Too soon, half time struck and Nico felt himself actually sit in his seat properly. His throat felt dry and scratchy from the supporting but he didn't regret a single bit of it. He looked over at his totally not date Will who appeared to be in the same boat, a smile permanently etched onto his cheeks as he was slumped against the back rest.

"I gotta take you out more, Neeks. You're my good luck charm," Will said grinning, looking excited as a hot dog seller made his way round each row, pulling out a few dollars from his coat pocket.

"I'll be honest and say I'm not big on soccer, this has literally been my first game," Nico started, "But that was fucking amazing." He sipped on his crappy, watered down coke that he forgot he had during the course of the 45 minutes.

Will eyebrows shot up, a boyish smirk painting his lips, blue eyes twinkling with mirth, "I'm glad to have been your first, Neeks," he winked, "I'm glad you enjoyed it just as much as I did."

Nico felt the heat crawl up his neck but he thought that maybe if he looked pissed it would will itself away. Of course, that didn't happens and the inevitable crimson coloured his cheeks. Plan B was to tuck his head as deep as it would go into Will's scarf, but the blonde's musical laughter already announced that the damage had been done.

"You're adorable when you blush," he cooed, "And when you're wearing my scarf. Especially with that leather jacket it just shows how much of a big softie you are." Nico really wanted to punch that grin away, or maybe kiss, a kiss would also work.

But what Nico had meant was a kiss from him, not a forced one from the—

"KISS CAM!" One of the commentators exclaimed, booming from the megaphones and erupting the audiences excitement. Nico looked upon the jumbo screen as it pointed at Will and some random purple haired girl sitting on the other side of him. Will looked like a deer in headlights, and it would've been hilarious had the purple haired chick not been licking her lips. Nico glared, it was worse because she was pretty too, he though this was definitely not a date, Nico still didn't particularly wanna seen his crush lips locked with another person's.

"Let's give them a show, sweetie," Nico heard her say and he wasn't even exaggerating when he felt like he was about to barf.

The sensation was only heightened when Will seemed to have caught up with reality, an oh so similar sly curvature of his lips taking the place of the shocked, slightly parted ones. "I will," he said and Nico was mentally preparing himself for the pain, maybe if he just looked away...

A grasp on his wrist pulled him back to face the blonde, only this time Will was looming down on him too, with that same shit eating grin. Nico's heart stopped, he genuinely felt like he was going to die then and there, but then he heard quickly whisper, "Look pretty for the camera, Neeks." And before he knew it, Will was kissing him.

It was a simple slotting on two lips together, perhaps it could've been something more had Nico not been paralysed with overwhelming sensations. He heard the roar of the crowd in his ears, a few shouting slurs that Nico didn't really give two shits, and everything felt so surreal. Will thumb brushed against his cheekbones, a gesture so intimate yet searing, and Nico was just about to go for more as Will pulled away.

Nico was never really one for PDA so perhaps this was overstepping it, but really he couldn't bring himself to care. He looked towards the jumbo screens to find himself and Will in the badly animated love heart, the blonde of course beaming his one million dollar smile, ironic since he looked so blissful that he could've convinced someone he won the lottery. Nico saw himself, and he saw the still very scarlet blush upon his cheeks and promptly buried himself into Will's chest, he felt it vibrate as he laughed and looped a warm, embracing arm around his torso, placing a gentle kiss upon his head.

~*~

"Soooooo, how'd your date go?" Piper asked, Nico finding her snooping through his clothes. The Cherokee had this awful habit of just showing up in Nico's dorm even when he wasn't even home, the Italian swore she had made a second key.

Nico shrugged nonchalantly, "Like I told you, I wasn't a date."

"Nico if you still believe that, you need to go seek common sense," she stated, making her way towards the exit before turning in her heel.

"And don't lie to me, I watched the match."

AN (again)
Yup so sorry if my terminology is wrong because I'm completely relying on the fact that soccer and football (because I'm British) are the same exact thing.