⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀xxx. finally out. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ february 24

Ashley was slowly brought out of her sleepy state from the sounds of voices yelling. She groaned as she reached around, trying to find her blanket to tuck it over her head. But with all do, she had no luck. As the voices around her began to become more clear, the images from the previous night came back into her head. She quickly sat up and opened her eyes, rubbing them before looking around the store, spotting two figures by the main door. It was Jack, and another man, and Ashley realized that it was still pretty early if the man was just getting here now.

       "Why the fuck are you guys in here? Tell me now or I'll call the cops!" The man threatened, taking a large step closer to Jack.

      Ashley took this as a cue to get up and help Jack explain the situation. As she quickly strode towards the two of them, the man turned his head and glared at her.

       "Hey.... Richard?" She politely asked, noticing the name tag on his chest. "We didn't break in here, if that's what you're thinking. And we didn't take anything or open anything either." She explained, quickly glancing at Jack who was standing beside her angrily.

       Richard scoffed and his eyes narrowed at her, "Then how did you guys get in here?"

       Ashley quickly sighed and rubbed her temples, turning her full attention back to Richard. "We were both talking last night, arguing more like it, and I guess we didn't hear the announcement that the store was closing and we got locked in. If you have any video cameras or whatever, you can take a look if you want. We're telling the truth."

       Richard groaned, quickly glancing around the store and realizing nothing was open nor was anything out of place besides the towel. "Fine, stay here. I'm going to check the tapes. And don't even think about leaving because you will be punished if you do." He threatened, walking past them and into what was presumed to be the back room.

       Ashley and Jack stood there for a few moments, impatiently waiting, not saying a single word to eachother. The events from the previous night were still lingering in their minds, but neither of them knew how to bring them up. Which was fine, really, because they were both tired and worn out and it was not the type of conversation to have in a convenience store anyway.

       A few moments later, Richard came out from the back and sighed. "Alright, you guys can go. I just skimmed through the tape and it definitely was Jason's fault for not checking, that damn boy never does. I'm just thankful you guys were smart and didn't open anything."

       "See, if you would've just done that we wouldn't have gotten in an argument." Jack huffed.

       Ashley slightly shook her head. "Just forget it Jack. We're sorry for the inconvenience, Richard. But I need to go, my moms going to kill me." She said quickly, hurrying for the door. Before she went outside she turned back and made eye contact with Jack for a second before quickly bolting towards her car. She took the keys out of her pocket and fumbled with them before putting them in the door and getting in.

      Jack stood there and started to mutter a quick apology to Richard, knowing he was taking his anger out on him. "Hey man, I'm sorry."

       Richard nodded, "It's good, whatever, don't worry about it. Before you leave though, I found this." He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, handing it to Jack.

      "It assume it's yours."

      Jack reached for the paper and unfolded it, quickly skimming over the first few words. His eyes slightly widened and he nodded at Richard, putting the paper in his pocket. "Thanks dude."

       Richard nodded and Jack turned away, stepping through the door and into the parking lot, hopping into his car. He once again opened the paper and began to read the first few words.

       "Dear Jack."

⠀⠀⠀