⠀ ⠀xxi. reunited - part two ⠀ ⠀ february 20

Ashley got up from the couch and hugged each of the boys seperatly, feeling more and more blissful as the seconds passed by. They were all staring at her with amused grins on their faces. Before she even had time to process anything, they all started asking her questions and began rambling on about how different things were without her around all the time. She laughed because she forgot how loud and rambunctious the boys could be sometimes.

"Boys, boys! I can't listen to all of you at once." She laughed. "I've been better, I mean things haven't been very good lately but let's not talk about that right now."

They all nodded before sitting down on the floor. Instead of sitting on the floor like everybody else, Shawn skipped towards the couch and sat down beside Ashley, flashing her one of his award winning smiles.

"You're right, we just missed you so much. It hasn't been the same without you. We're still a family, you know that don't you?"

Ashley smiled easily, she found it cute how happy and giddy they all were. She knew that their little family meant a lot to them, and finally being together again made everyone feel overly ecstatic. Even though they weren't all necessarily there today, it still felt good to be together again.

"Yea I know that," She breathed out. "I'm just glad I'm finally around you guys again. But please, let's not talk about me, how is everyone? how's things going for you and your fame? I've seen you've all become a lot more popular since we last hung out."

They all nodded, their faces lighting up like they always did while talking about their fame and fans. "Things are going great, the fans are great. Not much has changed really, besides the fact that we all pitched in and actually bought this house. It's a lot easier than renting and having to pay every month." Cameron smiled.

"Yea, and you know how most parents don't like the idea of their kids living on their own while they're still young because it's 'dangerous'? Well yea we basically had to beg our parents because of that, but eventually they agreed to let us live together. We thought it was pretty cool." Nash chimed in, the grin on his face beaming from the other side of the room.

"Adds to that whole 'wanting to be more grown up' thing you've guys got going on there, doesn't it?" Ashley added, making everyone in the room chuckle.

"Actually for the longest time," Nash scratched the back of his head, "People called us idiots for wanting to live on our own while most of us are still under the age of eighteen. But I mean, it's just easier for us."

Ashley eyes lit up, "Well I'm glad you guys decided to stay in town instead of moving far away."

"One of the main reasons we wanted to stay was so we could be near you." Matt admitted.

Matt really liked the idea of being close to Ashley just as much as everybody else did. He was so used to being around her all the time that these past few months have been upsetting for him. He knew Ashley needed space to try to get herself together, so everyone agreed to try to keep their distance until she was ready to see them again. But it drove him crazy, mainly because Matt was probably the person she was closest to, besides Nash that is.

Ashley smiled, her lips curving up so much that every single one of her teeth were gleaming from the light. It was a real smile, one of her most genuine smiles she had shown in a while. "I love you guys."

"You know that we love you too Ashley." Aaron beamed, "Hey guys, do you think it's a good time now? I'm getting impatient."

Jack Johnson quickly looked up from his phone and turned his full attention to Ashley, grinning. Without another word he got up from the floor and walked towards her, lightly grabbing her arm and pulling her up from the couch. "Yes it's time."

"Time for what?" Ashley asked, curiosity etched in her voice.

Ashley looked at Nash hoping he would give her an answer, but instead he just stood up and smirked at her.

"We want to show you something."

Jack started walking towards the stairs with Ashley behind him, and everyone else following. Instead of objecting, she just followed him because she was generally curious about what they wanted to show her. She didn't have a clue what it could be, but knowing them, it could literally be anything.

When they reached the top of the stairs Jack turned around to face her, "It's pretty cool- I mean, it might not be useful much but there's a chance that it could be. We worked hard on it so we're hoping you'll use it a lot." Johnson smiled.

"What is it?"

"Stop asking questions!" Jack chuckled, "Just close your eyes, you'll see."

Ashley sighed, "Okay."

With everyone still behind them, Jack grabbed her arm again and lead her farther down the hallway. After a few more seconds they finally came to a stop and she could hear everyone shuffle around her so they were in front of her. "Okay, open them."

Ashley excitedly shot her eyes open, immediately being met their old spare bedroom, except now, light walls, a maroon carpet, a queen size bed with a black duvet on it, a vanity, black dresser in the corner, lights hanging from the ceiling, and a single black wall with messages written in chalk and a bunch of photos of everyone together since the first day that Ashley had met them all.

Ashley stood there in awe, well aware of everyone still standing behind her. She turned around to face them, "This- this is for me?"

Nash smiled, "Of course it's for you. We know things between you and Jack aren't very well right now, but- for some reason he hasn't been around very much and we," he gestured to everyone standing in the hallway, "decided to give you your own room for when you're here."

Ashley smiled. She was ecstatic, she was truly more happy than she'd been in a long time. The fact that the boys wanted her around so much that they'd go out of their way to make her her own bedroom made her heart flutter. She was so happy and so blissful she felt as if her heart was going to explode. It showed her how much they really did care for her, and she was nearly crying out of happiness.

"You guys are the best, I'm going to cry."

Jack J chuckled at that, running his hand through his hair. "Well we just want you to be happy Ashley, you should know that."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀