xxiv.

February 22, 2014

Dear Jack,

       Today consisted of me once again spending hours reminiscing times we had spent together. The times where it was just you and me, doing little things, like going to the beach, or watching movies all day, or laughing at corny jokes. The times when we felt as if there was nobody else was in the world, like it was just you and me, happily and inevitably enjoying eachothers company. It had made me realize how much I miss it, Jack, how much I miss you.

       When you were around, you had painted the sky with a ignited color, one that I had never seen before. You had stained the morning skies with with golden splashes. And now, without your presence, I witness a morbid darkness. One that I do not like. It is a darkness that makes me feel as if I am dreaming. Not a pleasant dream, but fore a nightmare. That is how I began to ask myself, Have I really lived a life brimming with darkness gazing all around me?

       I don't know how I managed living in such a horrible way before you came. It was as if I was always surrounded by darkness, one that filled my entire living with sadness and hatred. I couldn't stand being alone, for I would just wither away in my own mind, slowly, and surely, dying inside more and more as the days ticked by. But when you came, you made me feel alive again, you made me feel whole and happy. But now that you are gone, I can feel the darkness creeping back.

       Maybe it's a sign that we truly are meant to be together, but then again, it could just be my mind playing silly improper judgment tricks on me. I don't know, Jack, There is still this stupid part of me hoping we will be together again. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but one day. Because no matter how hard I've tried, I still think about you, and I still love you. I want more than anything to be with you again, because I love you. And I know that that is just a shout into the void, and that words could never truly portray how I feel towards you, but it's true. And I am saying that to you with my entire being.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
Love always,

Ashley

-

so there has been a few people that have said something about the letters kind of saying a lot of the same things over and over... I just want to say that this story is about Jack and Ashley's story (obvioulsy) and the letters are there to explain their story before they broke up and how Ashley still feels about him now. anyway, the letters are mainly done for now and the story will mostly be third persons point of view from now on. ty for reading.