Friends

Hyung Sik POV
I don't know why I was telling her. I really don't know. One part of me told me not to tell her but the other part knew that if I wanted her to understand me, I have to tell her. Wait! Why do I need her to understand me????
Anyway, now that I have decided to tell her......
We sat on the bench while I started,
'So Hyeon, Taehyung, Rae Ri and I were best friends until a few years back. We were always together and nothing could break us. We used to play pranks on teachers, neighbours, even our parents knew if we weren't home, we'd be at each other's house. Rae Ri liked Taehyung......'
'And you liked Rae Ri....'
'Yes....how did you know?'
'Guessed part of it, and rest of it by your expression.'
'Anyway, so she liked him that's why I never confessed to her. Guess that was my biggest mistake.'
'And Taehyung? Did he like her too?'
'No! That's the problem. He never liked her and she never stopped liking him.'
I took a pause, maybe I should stop I thought but then I saw her gaze fixed on me. It was kind of comforting. Her expression was such that whatever I said, she'd listen. Somehow it was urging me to continue without pressurising. It was the kind of soft look that can make anyone's walls come down. So I continued, 'Taehyung liked.....So Hyeon. Yet, we were best friends. Honestly, it was amazing.'
Now comes the hard part. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Suddenly I felt something on my hand. I looked down to see Ji Soo's hand on mine. In normal circumstances I would have moved my hand from anyone's but I couldn't do it to her. I could feel a little sympathy from her. I hate that expression! I hate it when people look at someone like they're a kicked puppy. Everyone suffers the pain of their own choices. Which is why I never told this to anyone...but.....this time I wanted it. I wanted it from...her.
Finally I gathered enough courage to tell her the next part of this story.
'Rae Ri told me that she wanted to confess to him and she asked for me to be around when she confessed. So Hyeon was out with her parents for that weekend so I was the only one she could ask. I......I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to stay cause it would break my heart but I couldn't stop her either cause I knew how much she liked him. So I told her to go ahead. She hugged me tightly and went. After that, I went home. That wasn't it though. She was going to his house. That's where she was going to confess. I decided to go. I didn't care if my heart would break. I wanted to be by her side even then.......but when I reached Taehyung's  house......'
I trailed off. It was hard to continue.
'I saw.......I saw her.....dead. He was crying by her side.'
I broke. Years after that incident, had I spoken to someone about it. I couldn't control, I started crying. I felt Ji Soo hug me. Instead of pushing away, I cried in her embrace.
'From that day.......I never spoke to anyone about it. Our little group.......broke. So Hyeon went to the US......Taehyung and I.......'
I kept crying while she patted me.
'I didn't even hug her.....when she hugged me for....the last time. I was shocked by what.....she told me. I didn't know.....this would happen. I.......vowed never to have friends again........All they are going to do is........break. I.....I don't have the guts to bear another ........'

Ji Soo POV
I never thought he would have gone through so much. I didn't know that his cold personality hid so many tears. I comforted him. Tears escaped my eyes too. It was hurting to see him hurt like this.
'Shhhh Hyung Sik. Not all friends are meant to break.' I said.
'No.....you're lying. Friends always fight. They end up going......different ways in life. They eventually....do break. They all leave....'
'No, no Hyung Sik. I promise not all friends break. Look at me.'
I said while taking his face in my hands and making him face me.
'Be my friend. We'll be best friends. I promise I'll never leave. I'll always be your friend. You can tell me what you want. You can share what you want with me. Don't think you are alone. I am with you.'
I release his face and instead offered him my hand,
'Let's start over Hyung Sik. I am Ji Soo. I am about to graduate high school. Will you be my friend.'
He slowly took my hand and said, 'I am Park Hyung Sik. I'll.....be your....friend.'

Hi people!!!
Wanna be friends with Park Hyung Sik!!!!
Me too......

Hi people!!!Wanna be friends with Park Hyung Sik!!!!Me too

Don't cry!!!