-Thirty•Four-

"Surprise! Happy birthday!" Everyone screams, standing in your living room.

You're moved to tears, turning to hug Taehyung as Venus comes from the kitchen with a cake in her hands and candles lit. You didn't expect to come home from grading papers on a Saturday evening in May to a whole surprise party. Literally, everyone is here packed into your living room. Jungkook, Taehyung, Venus, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jimin, Seokjin, Hoseok and Yuri, your parents, a couple colleagues, and a few friends from back home.

You take your time, walking around the room to hug and thank every single person for making it here to celebrate your birthday. The fact that even Jungkook made it out to surprise you and celebrate is the greatest thing ever. A nearly 6-month-pregnant Venus even took it upon herself to have your mother and Yuri help her make all your favorite foods. Everyone is socializing, talking and laughing amongst each other. Your crying has stopped, but now your face hurts from the constant smiling.

Upon some digging, you find out that Venus and Taehyung put this all together. Your best friend and your boyfriend certainly know how to work magic. Venus kept reiterating constantly that you deserve it. With all your hard work with your teaching, you needed something to keep you fresh and rejuvenated.

"Babe, come here." You call to Taehyung. He comes over to the little group of you and your friends from home. He wraps his arm around your waist and waits for you to continue. "Taehyung, this is Kendall and Sijoo. We went to school together back home."

"It's so nice to meet you. Thank you so much for coming at the last minute. We kind of just threw something together for Y/n as best as we could." Taehyung smiles at the two.

They both blush a little and smile. Sijoo is the first to speak. "Thanks for inviting us. We wouldn't miss it. How did you know to get in touch with us?"

"Oh, Venus."

"Ah, Veve." Kendall giggles. "I'm still shook that she's engaged and about to be a mom. I mean, shit. What have I done successfully?"

"Come on, answer quickly." Sijoo teases and you laugh.

It's been so long since you've been in the same place as them, Venus included. You four did everything together back in Busan. They stayed while you and Venus came to Seoul for school. They're doing great for themselves, and they look incredible.

"Taehyung!" Venus calls over the commotion.

"Your best friend awaits. I'll catch you in a second, babe. Ladies." He kisses your temple, quickly bowing to your two friends before rushing over to assist Venus.

"Okay, how in the hell did you get him!?" Kendall asks. "He's drop dead."

"You're telling me! Bitch, he makes my ex look like a damn potato." Sijoo adds.

You chuckle, the topic of how you met Taehyung always seeming to come up in conversation. "It looks like we've got a lot to catch up on."

--

A week later, you wake up from your sleep in the best mood. Today may just seem like an ordinary day, but it isn't. Today is special and holds so much significance to not only you but Taehyung as well.

Sitting up, Taehyung has his legs entangled with yours and arms readjusting now around your waist. He groans before speaking. "Y/n, I love you. But you need to go back to sleep."

"Unless you want me pissing in the bed, then-"

He let's go of you and rolls over in bed, basically stealing all the covers. You chuckle as you pull yourself out of bed and go to the bathroom. When you finish, you decide to take a shower altogether. You're up now, no point in going back to bed now. Setting the water to its desired temperature, you strip from your bra and shirts to step into the hot water.

Your body relaxes on instinct as the hot water hits your skin and rolls down. You take a deep breath, exhaling slowly and smiling to yourself as you close your eyes. In the shower, the world outside is nonexistent. This is your own sanctuary. You control the time when in the shower.

You take your time as you carefully lather every part of your body. After, you let the water wash away all the foam. The white, airy soap glides down your body and you're feeling so much better now being clean. You turn of the water, stepping out the shower and grabbing a towel nearby. You dry your body completely before wrapping the towel around you. You're sure Taehyung wouldn't mind giving you a massage either, it's calling your name.

Stepping out of the steaming bathroom, you make your way toward your bedroom. Once inside, you frown. "Taehyung-ah?" you call out to him, with no response.

You pick up the paper that's left on your bed and notice it's a note from him.

'Went home to get ready for our day. I know you know what today is :)'

You smile, holding the paper close to your chest. He remembers. You quickly find clothes to put on and take your time applying makeup. You hadn't planned anything and you don't know if Taehyung has either, but you're going to look the part regardless.

About two hours have passed and Taehyung returns to pick you up. You lock up your apartment, and head out to his car. You don't question the destination point that Taehyung has chosen simply because you don't know the location, and you love surprises. It's about 20 minutes later that you arrive to the movie theater.

You smile widely as he parks and notice his smile as well. He finally breaks the silence. "Remember our blind date? That just so happened to be our first date as well?"

"How could I forget?" You giggle. "We saw The Avengers. "

"Exactly. And today is the day we met. Granted, I'm not too sure how you felt about going back to the club to recreate the night we met seeing as how we're dating and all."

He's such a dork.

You laugh, shaking your head. "I'm good on club scenes. I'm so glad you remembered today."

"I wouldn't forget this day for the world." He smiles, taking your hand in his hand leaving a kiss. "Happy 'Met Ya' day, babe."

"Aww, happy 'Met Ya' day."

You leave a kiss against his lips and he steps out of the car, coming around to open your door that you have become so use to. It's been a year. 365 days since the night you met Taehyung. In the club the night you went out to celebrate yourself. He introduced himself as V, and you were just a nervous met when you met. You had no idea that a year later, he would be your boyfriend and you would give each other your virginities. Everyday of the past year has been good, and you learn something new about the man you love daily. Before you know it, it'll be your 1 year anniversary of you dating. But before you get that far, you decide to enjoy this day by going to the place where your love life started.

**

OKAY OKAY OKAY. SO THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR BOY WITH LUV DROPS IN AN HOUR & IM AT WORK AND AKDHJSJSJDJSJDJDJ

But yeah 😂 just a chapter to pass the time! We're getting so close to the end, it's mad to see how far this has come! I'm predicting maybe 3-5 chapters left. Lord have mercy!

But yeah! Thanks for all your love for me & this story! You have no idea how much momma loves you all 💜💜💜💜💜💜

This chapter is dedicated to s0anonymous0b! I see you boo, thank you for your love & support!

P.s. STREAM MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA

.
.
~S. xx