(I was) Golden (11)

Jungkook POV
I was fresh out of high school when they pulled me away, when I was getting ready for college. Everything was destroyed.

✨•✨ •✨•✨•✨•✨•✨•✨•✨•✨
*flashback*
I was preparing myself for college, a few days after graduation. I was almost done packing in fact. My mom walked in and saw that I was almost done.

"It looks like you're almost done here, I can't believe that you're already going to college. You've gone up so fast" she said, smiling

"Yeah it's crazy right, that I start next week" is aid and she nodded slowly. There were happy tears in her eyes. We stood there for a few moments, enjoying the time we had to enter, as I put away small things like family pictures, I looked at it. My sister had been in college for two years now. My parents had been divorced since I was 10, but that didn't stop us from functioning as a family.

That's when there was a loud knock om the door, my mom answered it. I walked out into the hall of our large apartment only to see a man and a woman in a white uniform. They ran straight past my mom.

"You're Jeon Jungkook?" The man asked me and I nodded. He grabbed onto my arm, and practically started dragging me. It caused me to drop the picture om the floor and the glass of the frame shattered on the floor.

I saw my mom cry for the first time in a while as I was dragged out od the apartment.

"I love you mom!" I shouted, tears fell down my face, before we were outside. The man put his hand over my mouth.

"I'd advise you keep quite" he said, the female officer looked concerned at the male officers commands. He dragged me to the black car, and might as well have threw me in the back seat.

"Jeon Jungkook, you're going to Los Angeles, you've been chosen to undergo robotiziation. You have the perfect smarts and you're in perfect health as well"  the female officer shouted, as the male started the car and drove off.

"This is ridiculous!" I shouted "My future is ruined now"

"We're taking you to an airport, where the others will be boarded onto the plane. We never asked to ruin your future, we're just making you better."

"This isn't better, I don't want to be a part of this. This is only cool in comic books, you know the digital ones that you read on your phone. Paper books and paper comic books have ceased to exist. I know that, they've ceased to exist since the 2030's"

"You're awfully smart for an 18 year old"  the female officer, said in a tone that was too happy.

"Just because I'm 18 doesn't mean I don't do my research. I know about your existence and what you want to do to us. You want to turn us into killing machines." I said, it was the truth. The mews had started to go viral when some scientist in Los Angeles  had figured out that you can Practically turn a human into a robot, without being a machine.

"You may be too smart, but you're apart of this so we have to."  she said as we pulled up to the large airport of Busan. The male officer ordered me out of the car. I followed his orders, I had no choice in the matter.

They put on handcuffs, white handcuffs that were straight and uncomfortable. You couldn't even move your hands in them. They auto locked, and I was taken inside.

"They'll be removed once you get on the plane, I'd advise you cooperate" the male officer said, walking away. Leaving me with the female officer. I stood their nervous in the line of others.

I then saw my friend Jimin too.

"Jimin!!"

"Jungkook!"

We were both told to be quiet, I bet there was something where we couldn't even speak until we got on the plane.  How ridiculous.

It took about 20 minutes, and we were finally on the plane. Our handcuffs were removed, and at least I had that small bit of freedom.

Out of luck, I was sat next to Jimin, I think I would go crazy if I wasn't. My female officer and an unfamiliar male officer stood at the from of the plane.

"We will be taking off shortly" she said "enjoy your flight the brat you can. This will probably be the last time you see the light of day for a long time" that sent shudders down my spine. 

"At least we're in this together right Jimin"

"Yeah, I'm glad to have my best friend along the way for this" I said, and the plane took off. I waved bye yo Busan, I don't think I would ever be able to get back here. I would never be able to see home again.

It only was a matter of minutes, until my life was stolen. I was ripped ash from my mother and who knows if my sister is a part of this or not. She could be an the lab, she could be sleeping in her dorm right now for all I know. I just hoped that she was safe, that's all I wanted to know that my family was safe.

Even now, I couldn't know that. I was stuck here. I may have all of my friends, who are like family to me, but more of my family was across the world. I had no way to communicate with them, to tell them I was safe at least.

I let myself cry silently, as I watched the TV with Tae and Hoseok. I was hoping they wouldn't notice how homesick I was and how caught up in my thoughts I was.

I know if my mom knew I was thinking like this right now, she would tell me to keep hope and to be strong. That what she would always tell me when I was just having a bad day.

That's what I would do for her, for my family. Stay strong and have hope, even if it was hard.