A Good Day at the Pool

Saturday, November 21, 2149

So, our girls day at the pool didn't turn out like we thought like anything ever does. It started out well enough. Like we thought the pool was empty with all the little kids in the park enjoying the snow. Other people were taking advantage of the empty game rooms.

Lori brought her music sphere and it was playing music as we dived into the warm water. I love the pool and swimming it the closest most of us will get to space walk. Coming out of the water I sighed happily.

"I'm gonna miss this when we get to the planet."

Lori snorts, "Come on you're going to find a real beach and not think twice about us up here pretending."

I told Lori about applying for the first expedition. She just nodded saying that she expected nothing less from me. Three years of just that team on the ground. We'll build the settlement then more people  will come down. But, for those years it will be just us no help from the ship. Everything we need will be on the ground already.

"Did you hear there turning the gravity down?"

"What?"

Lori swims over the shallows, "Yeah, yesterday I delivered the baby a engineer and he was talking with some other guy about how at the first of the year the gravity is going to be turned down."

"Turn down the gravity of the ship? Why?"

"Gillespie it has less gravity than Earth, so there's going to be an announcement after christmas when they have all the kinks worked out."

Turning the gravity down. "No, way it has to be a theory something there working out they can't do that."

"There going to try it."

It's a terrible idea that won't work because that mean messing with core programing of the ship. That impossible, when the ship was first was designed there where core programs these are unchanging due to massive firewall guarding them plus they had biometric locks that we can't bypass.

"Then they have a whole month to figure out that they can't. We're going to have to get use the new gravity on the planet." I look out the roof at the light beam. "The most they can do to adjust us to the planet length the days. That system the lighting is always changing. Gravity is a core programing a law it can't be changed."

"Good to know I would hate to wake-up one morning floating in my room."

I've read the reports on the gravity of our new planet. Its gravity is only a fraction less than Earth. Best guess is that we'll be five pounds lighter. I'm sure that will translate into something bigger in the development of future generations to me it doesn't mean much.

"That would be cool."

She laughs. "Yeah like those old cartoons."

"I just want to stand where an where no human has ever been before."

We stayed in the pool for another ten minutes then Lori walked over to the hot-tub. While I swam laps around the pool, until I get tired and joined her in the hot tub.

"I hope there is place like this on Gilespie." Lori says her eyes closed in a blissful expression.

The steam rolling of the water rises into the still air. "It should the planet has a core that moving. On Earth it moved the crust of the planet."

"So it should have creaks that let the heat through, good."

"Would that be a deal breaker?" I ask in a scoff.