I Get Tricks Not Treats

Halloween 2149

Today is the day of the party, I got my outfit this morning it looks great on the hanger. Mom and Dad have plans today not with each other of course. Lori is coming over to help me get ready. She has makeup not the high-end uppers use that is made specially for them. Her is the homemade stuff from the farmlands charcoal sticks lipsticks made from vegetable oil and flowers.

Someone knocks on the door, I get up opening the door. "Trick or Treat."

I smile at the little kids they both have on matching white dress and wings. "Aren't you two the most adorable angels."

They smile holding out bag half full of treats. I take the two of the peanut butter pumpkins from the tray of treats. There are thirty-eight children in this building, they go from apartment to apartment. I remember going from place to getting treats it was great fun getting them. I thought growing up I would miss it but making treats seeing the faces of the children they are adorable.

"Thank you," they both say going down the hall. Turning off the door light off letting the holographic pumpkins dancing on the door. There are basic designs but I coded the door myself this year with a design that I came up with all my own.

As they leave Lori steps off the elevator in huge orange t-shirt and black leggings. "Really a pumpkin?"

"Hey i'm a cute pumpkin."

"True enough." I say closing the door. Lori set her bag on the table taking the peanut pumpkin I made for her.

"These are cute did you do the faces?" She asks handing over a cat shaped cake.

It's been a tradition with the two of us that each year we watch the wizard of Oz on halloween night then go trick or treating or to the party at the arcade. This year is different with me going to Upper party. So, we said we'd watch the movie then do each others make-up and go to our parties.

Her t-shirt and legging make it a obvious but she wanted to dye her hair green and have me curl it. I used green food dye left over from the pumpkins using hot water it mixes with her blond giving her a metallic green tint to her head. Then while it's still wet I weave into mirc-braids. While its drying we watch the movie singing all the songs laughing at all the funny parts. Enjoying what I'm sure are some of the last simple times of our lives. After I start putting the final touches on Lori's custom.

"This is so cute, who made it not you." She says wickedly. Form an early age it was obvious that could build or code like a champion but give me a needle and thread there will be blood.

"No, Kye sent me to this guy and his husband they made it."

She looks up at me, "Did you use all your points on this?"

"No," I could have. "Kye did."

"Ohhhhh."

I pull her hair. "You know we're not like that. I tired to pay for it myself but he said since I was only going to his party for him that he could pay for it."

She looks at the dress. "Are you going to keep it?"

"I think so, Kitty showed me how to take off the red parts so it's just a fancy black dress. He seems to think I'll be going to more parties like this."

"Right I can see you now a upper lady in those red bottom shoes."

I pull her hair again.

"That wasn't very lady like."

We giggle, "I'll never be lady enough for them besides everyone says I won't pair with him so I don't have to be a lady. I can be a pirate not a princess."