piece no. 28

ㅡ jaemin

ㅡ jaemin

The Hyungs comforted Taeyong Hyung that's crying. The rest was silent and everyone says their condolences for their father.

I look around but I don't see Carmia.

I stand up from my seat and tried to look for her. It took me a while to find her but when I found her..

She was in an empty dark room with all the chairs on the side and a piano on the opposite side of her.

She was crawled into a ball, silently crying.

I walk to her, standing in front of her. I just look down at her vulnerable state.

This is my second time seeing her like this.. and at a funeral again..

Instead of her mother's, it's her father's now.

I sit down beside her but she didn't move.

I don't care about that though. She just needs someone to be with right now. She just needs someone to be by her side.

"Hey, Jaemin.." She called my name and I hummed.

"Tell me a story.. like how you used to back then." She said and I remembered when we were kids where I would often tell her stories.

"Hmm.. there was a girl that lives in a poor village. She loves to sing and dance but what she loves the most is play instruments.

She would often brag when she gets a note of the piece right to her parents. She loves music so much that her parents used all their money to just buy her a piano.

She played for them every single day of her life. She was happy but her happiness didn't last long when her parents disappeared without a trace.

She didn't know where they went or how they disappeared and it did make her miserable, no matter how young she was. She eventually stopped playing.

Years later, she's just a normal girl who does normal chores at her home. Everyone knows her for her beauty and passion for something she doesn't know." I heard Carmia chuckle.

"How is she passionate if she doesn't even know what's she's passionate about?" She asked but I only pouted and pinched her cheeks.

"I'm not yet done," I said then she told me to continue.

"When she came back home one day, she saw the piano her parents gave her. The memories start flying around her head again and she tried to ignore it but..

She couldn't resist hearing those sounds again. The sounds she loves when she was a child. She eventually starts playing the piano again.

She found love and happiness with the piano again. She played for the villagers and she became the Perfect Pianist of the village, everyone loved her.

She would play the piano when someone's time is about to end. She would play the piano whenever she sees one. She would play it to make others happy.

She played for others' happiness that she forgot her own happiness. Days later, she found out her parents passed away years back.

She played the piano for them one last time, playing a piece that she made by her very own hands.

She realized that it was her parents that gave her happiness. They were the one that introduced her to music and gave her the piano.

Her happiness was with her all this time, it was on her bare hands and she didn't even realize it. It was on her grasp.

Her happiness and love for music never disappeared. In fact, she even ended up marrying a man. She was able to live happily with music and the man she loves.

That's the end. What do you think?" I asked her and she was smiling softly. She then rests her head on my shoulder, thanking me.

"It was wonderful." She said and everything became silent.

"Jaemin.. when I played mother's piece, it felt good. I feel like I really accomplished the task she gave me.

I know I'm supposed to be sad for my parents passing away but I'm happy. I'm happy they passed away.

Because they can finally rest in peace and they'll be together again." I held her hand and she held it tighter.

"I plan on quitting.. being a pianist." My eyes widened when she said that. I then look at her, shocked.

"You can't just.." She looked at her hands, frowning.

"I feel like I can't play music anymore. After that, I feel like I already completed my reason to live." She said then I made her look at me.

"Your happiness was already in your grasp, Shin Carmia. You're too blind to notice it and care about others first and I love you for that but music is your life.

Your life is filled with wonderful music that you love. Didn't you tell me before that you wanted to be music itself?

The Shin Carmia I know wouldn't stop because she just completed one reason. There are thousands of reasons, you just don't know it yet.

You are music, music is you. I can't have my music disappearing from my life." I said then she started to cry again.

She hugged me tight and I smiled softly, hugging her back.

ㅡ jeno

I watch Jaemin and Carmia hug each other. I felt something pulling my heart down.

I turn around, leaving the two alone as I wipe the tear falling from my eyes.

"Jeno, where's Jaeㅡ yah, are you okay?" Doyoung Hyung asked me then I weakly smiled, nodding.

I went to the toilet and wash my face, to remove the tear stains.

In the end, I'm the one that's hurting again.

At least, she's happy, right? At least, they're both happy.

I guess that's what matters the most for me.

I love Carmia as a girl, in that way, I love her.

I love Jaemin as a best friend, a best friend I treasure so much.

I don't want to lose Jaemin just because of this love I have for Carmia.

"Be happy you both."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔