piece no. 20

ㅡ jeno

ㅡ jeno

I stared at the violin beside the study table. I stand up and opened the case. I pick up the violin and the bow before I start playing.

"Jeno! Let's play together!"

I froze when I got her voice in my head. I sighed and put the violin down, messaging Carmia.

When I got a reply, I thanked her and get dress. I grab the violin and exited my room, about to wear my shoes.

"Where you going?" Renjun asked me but I ignored him. I opened the front door and just left the house without a word.

▔▔▔▔▔▔
I saw Carmia in the cafe like where I told her we will meet. I went inside and sit across her, making her smile at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She held my hand and I smiled softly, nodding.

"I want to learn how to play this piece of the violin." I said, giving her the music sheet. She took a careful look of it before her eyes widened.

"Kreutzer.. why do you want to learn this piece which is like what? 40 minutes?" She asked then I looked down.

"Jeno, I'm going to play Kreutzer! It's been my dream to play it but I guess, it took me a while."

My hand turned into a fist and tears started to fall.

"I want to play it for her.. for my cousin that wasn't able to play this.." I said, wiping the tears away as she held my hand tighter.

"I'll help you learn it but be informed, I won't go easy on you."

▔▔  (month later)

I groaned when I made a mistake again. Carmia sighed and stand up fron the stool of the piano.

"It's been only a month but you only got 9 minutes of it." She said then I nodded.

"I know but I don't want to give up.. if it's for her, I don't want to stop!!" I said, feeling the pain from my fingers.

"I care for my cousin too much.. to stop doing this.." Tears started to fall and she hugged me.

"It's okay.. it's okay... Let's just learn this piece and properly say goodbye, hmm?" She also started to cry.

I wrap my arms around her, crying in her arms.

I don't care if she finds another man to love.. all I care is that she's  beside me.

I don't want to lose her like how I lost her.

I pulled her tighter to me, crushing my lips onto hers.

Right, I don't want to lose you too.

I love you to lose you..

I care for Jaemin's happiness but if it comes to you, all I could care is ours.

Jaemin

Jeno always goes somewhere else after his schedules. Sometimes, he even cuts them.

I glance at Jeno who is at the corner of the room and just has his earphones on. I notice his fingers move like he's playing the violin.

"Don't you think Jeno has been leaving the dorms early and like coming back late when he doesn't have schedules?" Haechan asks, sitting beside me.

I nodded, realizing that days ago.

"Also, yesterday, his fingers were bandaged like what happened?" He said and I looked at my hands.

It is true that his fingers were bandaged yesterday even though it isn't injured but it was really red

He's totally been playing the violin but I can tell he's trying too hard to play it.

He then stand up and walk to manager-nim.

"Don't you think you should follow him?" Haechan nudged my arm and Jeno walked out of the room.

I stand up, and followed him.

▔▔▔▔▔▔
My eyes widened when we ended up in Carmia's music school.

I followed Jeno inside, keeping my eyes on him but when he entered a room and I heard a girl's voice, I immediately had to check it out.

"Let's hear you practice what you have learned already." It was indeed Carmia.

Jeno bring out the violin, playing it but this piece though..

"I love this piece! My cousin would play a few minutes of it for me!"

"I want to learn the piece but I can never really find time to learn it. I also don't even know how to play the violin."

So, he's been cutting his schedules off to practice this, to learn from Carmia that's been teaching him but why?

"Lee Jeno.. why are you even learning this piece?"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔