「 musician and idol 」

ㅡ jaemin

I get off the van as I decided to watch a competition for Pianists.

I came with the other boys.

I decided to watch to prepare for a show which will include things about music, such as instruments.

"I'll go to the toilet first.." I said then they nodded. I went to the toilet but suddenly bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I reach my hand out and she looked at me. Our eyes met and my eyes widened.

"Carmia..?" I called out her name, to make sure that it is her. She realized the situation and stand up.

"Nice to see you again, Jaemin." She said before passing by me. I looked back, my eyes following her as she entered the participants' hall.

"No way.."

I run back to the boys and they were shocked to see me so soon.

"Can I borrow the program?" I asked then Jiaung gave it to me. I look through the participants' pages and saw her.

Shin Carmia.

The memories suddenly starts running in my head.

From the day we met, to the day we were separated.

I start singing as Carmia starts playing the piano.

She was smiling, I was smiling. She was laughing, I was laughing as well.

I start dancing when she played another one and I heard her laugh.

A question came into my mind and I stopped. I run to her side but she continued playing.

"Will you ever leave my side?" I asked then she smiled softly.

"I wouldn't ever do that. We promised to stay together until death do us apart." She said as her hands press the keys like she's casting a spell.

"Is that so.. I still get the feeling we will be separated." I said then she closes her eyes as her hands move to one side to another.

"Then ignore the feeling. We won't be separated, I won't let that happen." She opens her eyes and smiles at me. I smile back and nodded.

She was like a happy song but her song shifts so quickly..

Years have gone by and we were both 10 years old.

I stare at Carmia's house as I come home from school.

The sound of the piano can be heard from the opened but covered windows.

I close my eyes as I lean on the gates of her house.

I'm jealous, I'm jealous of music. It takes Carmia away from me. It makes her farther from me.

The music stopped and I stand up. I heard the door open and there's Carmia with a cold look on her face.

She looked at me before walking slowly towards me.

"Are you okay? You were playing the piano beautifully again today." I said, trying to cover my sorrow.

"Jaemin.. I'm leaving Korea." She said then my eyes widened. Carmia leaving? I didn't expect nor imagine that.

"What a great joke, Carmia." I laughed it off but stopped when I notice the serious look on her face. I looked down, tears forming in my eyes.

"Why....?"

"I'm going to study music abroad. I wanted to learn music better. I wanted to feel like I'm music itself." She said, no emotion whatsoever in her voice.

Tears started to fall from my eyes uncontrollably. I looked at her in the eyes but she stayed emotionless.

"This is why I hate music. Why I hate the God damn piano! It just takes my best friend away from me!

It takes you away from me! Leave with your music. Don't come back with that music of yours." I said without controlling my own mouth.

I run away from her, run away from her life.

Run away. Don't turn back.

Don't look back. You hate music, don't you?

Does that mean.. you hate her?

I stopped my tracks, as tears continued falling.

"I hate it so much. I hate you so much. You promised, you broke it. I hate you.."

"I HATE YOU!"

She can be a happy song but she shifts into a sad song that can bring sorrow into your life. She's like Music.

I heard clapping and it brought me back to reality. I sit down and close my eyes.

Trying to forget about the past since it already happened.

I hated music before but here I am, doing music for the sake of my career.

"It's starting." Renjun told me and I opened my eyes, seeing the very first pianist.

A lot of pianists have played and it was Carmia's turn. Her red dress matches her black hair and hazel eyes.

I checked the booklet and she's playing Moonlight Sonata No. 14.

She started playing and all eyes were on her as soon she started playing.

I focused on her until she gets to the half of the piece. Emotions started to show. It starts to spread around the place, making everyone focus on her only.

The way her hand and fingers press the keys were still the same from the past. Her hands moving to one side to another in a blink.

She was magnificent. She was beautiful. She was different. Music has changed her.

But I know, the girl within the pianist now, within the girl of music herself, is still the old Carmia that I became friends with.

She ended the piece. Everyone realized that it was finished. Some was even confused about her performance.

Jeno suddenly stood up and clapped then everyone else followed. I look at Jeno and my eyes widened when I saw a teardrop fall from his eyes.

I look back at Carmia and she was staring at me. She then left the stage.

"We meet again, Shin Carmia."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔