piece no. 12

ㅡ jeno

ㅡ jeno

I come home, seeing Jaemin just watching a performance of Carmia.

I removed my shoes and place them on the rack before I make my way to my room but I was stopped by Jaemin.

"You must be really happy now, to be spending time with Carmia." He said then I looked at him, he was looking at me with no emotion or what so ever.

"I'm selfish, aren't I, Jaemin? I really do like her so, I kept it a secret when I found out you like her also.

But this is an opportunity that I can take. Try to bring me down, Na Jaemin. If you really want her back." I said, going to my room.

I closed the door and sighed. I removed my flannel and shirt. I just put on a hoodie and remove my pants also. I put on shorts.

I sighed and ruffled my hair to lose the gel. I remove my contacts and wear my glasses. I was able to see what's behind me on the mirror.

I look back and saw the two instruments that I just kept there. I bite my lip and walk towards it.

I grabbed the one that was given to me by my cousin. An instrument that I don't really know how to play but kept it due to her behalf.

I opened it and stared at it.

The white violin that she fears so much before passing away. She fears the violin yet she continued to play it. She's an amazing violinist.

I heard my phone vibrate and I checked. I smiled softly when it was Carmia.

Carmi : hey, I'm going to perform in the upcoming piano competition next Friday

Carmi : are you free on that day?

I chuckled before lying down. I put on my hood before I start typing.

Jeno : I am, I'm always free for you

She sent a blushy face and I felt myself blushing as well.

We both greeted each other good nights.

Carmia

I was about to sleep until I saw a picture of me and Jaemin on my bedside table. It was us when we were young.

I don't why but I kept feeling weird when it comes to Jaemin. It's like there was really something happening in the past.

I sighed and get up from bed before going to the living room where the grand piano is. I sit down on the stool and closed my eyes.

"I love you."

My eyes went wide when I heard those words in my head. I looked at my hand and it was shaking.

I placed my hand on my chest, crawling into a ball, starting to feel scared.

I gulped and unconsciously placed my hands on the piano. I started to play it and just close my eyes.

These feelings? Are these feelings mine? I couldn't really feel them that well. I want it to reach someone.

There's a boy in my head but I couldn't bring myself to see who it is. Everytime I walk closer to it, he walks farther away.

"I won't push you away."

There goes the same voice again. Who are you? Can this piano reach you? Can my feelings reach you even you're far away from me?

Can you hear me? Can you hear me playing?

Whoever you are, I want to know you. I want to know the truth between us. I know something happened but I don't know you.

I finished playing and was staring at the keys that I was just pressing. I look at the window and realized that it was open.

I stand up and look out the open window and saw a hooded boy, at around Jeno's height. He saw me and starts to walk away.

ㅡ jaemin

I close my eyes as I listen to Carmia playing.

Are you asking me who it is? You want to know the person you had connections with?

You'll know soon but for now, enjoy with Jeno. I'll eventually bring you back to me.

She suddenly looked out the window and saw me. My eyes widened and I kept my head down.

I start to walk away from that place, smiling to myself.

"I'll bring you back eventually, Shin Carmia."

▔▔▔▔▔▔
I was at SMB until I start hearing the sound of a violin. I checked our dance studio and saw Jeno, sitting on the floor with a white violin.

When did he have that?

He starts playing it but made a mistake. He then sighed and put the violin down.

"How do you play this? Why is music such a confusing thing? Last time I remember, music isn't love." He said, lying down on the floor.

He stared at himself on the mirror. He then grabbed the violin once again and starts practicing it.

"I'm a noob but who cares? This isn't only for Carmia but for Jona as well." He said then I became confused.

Jona? Lee Jona? That young violinist that passed away three years ago due to bone failure.

Lee Jona is a famous Korean violinist that plays in Russia. She's pretty good but she isn't really the best violinist. She was almost there thought until her bone failure got into the way.

My eyes softened as he finally got a first part right. I closed the door quietly before walking away from the studio.

Music can really change people...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔