#4: go to the griffith observatory at night and see the stars

Standing, sweaty as heck in a line for coffee in Los Angeles, I contemplated the appeal of the city, forsaking it almost immediately

Standing, sweaty as heck in a line for coffee in Los Angeles, I contemplated the appeal of the city, forsaking it almost immediately. I mean sure— loads of famous people lived in SoCal, but they lived in the boujie areas, Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, not the center of LA.

    It was then, I decided I disliked the city.

    Craning my neck upwards, I looked at the dusty skyscrapers, wondering who worked in them, who cleaned them, what the appeal of LA was for so many people to reside here, work here, live out their dreams here.

    "After we get the coffee we should get an Uber to the observatory," Ryder checked his watch, a small yawn surfacing from his lips.

    We had been in LA for a day, passing out as soon as we stepped into the Air-BnB and waking up considerably late. Admittedly, this was our first meal of the day and it was unfortunately 7 PM. We weren't jet-lagged but drained from the adventure in the ocean and school and all of our budding romances.

    "Can you believe all three of us are getting involved with people at the same time?" I leaned my head on Ryder's shoulder, shuffling forward as we got closer and closer to the barista, the line still substantial ahead of us.

    Ryder's eye remained on the barista as he shamelessly checked him out, a small smirk turning his lips.

    Eros raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm not getting involved with anyone."

    I returned his indignant expression. "That's not what Claire's telling Luna and I," I winked, though it slightly pained me.

    I was covering our connection with our other connections.

    I was hiding the fact that we may still have feelings for one another by the feelings we definitely felt for other people. Eros had Claire and I had Henry and that's the way it's supposed to be.

    At least that's what I kept telling myself.

    He groaned and tilted his head back in frustration, shoving his hands into the pockets of his dark wash jeans. "What's she saying now?"

    Ryder laughed and shoved Eros' shoulder playfully. "You're the one who kissed her Eros. She's just freaking out as any normal girl would."

    I pretended like I didn't feel a stab in my heart from those words, the scene flashing before my mind, the blinding lights, the smell of body odor and alcohol and the floating scent of Eros' cologne.

    Eros looked up at me, distraught. "I had to kiss her," he explained to Ryder. "She was giving me those stupid sex eyes. I couldn't turn the poor girl away."

    I didn't want to hear any more about Eros and Claire and broke eye-contact to read a text from Henry.

    From: Henry Davidson