Chapter 33

Caitlins POV

We were all just lounging around in my room when Nicky and the doctor came inside.

"Hello Caitlin. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks.

"I am doing fine. So tell me the news. How bad has it gotten?"

"Well I have some good news and some bad news." He says.

"Bad news first. Please." I said.

"Well, the tumor has grown much more but with the comatose state that you were in, it wasn't growing so rapidly. Good news is that I found a hospital that is willing to operate and have the best surgeons. " the doctor says. "But as we all know, every surgery has its risks."

He went on explaining the risks to everyone, as I was barely listening to anything else he was saying.

There is a team willing to operate on me.

There is a possibility this tumor can be removed.

"Where?" I ask. In the middle of his explanation.

"In Seattle. The Greys Sloan Memorial hospital. The Shepherds, brother and sister, doctors have taken a look at your latest test results and scans and have come up with a non-evasive approach." The doctor explained.

"When can I go? When can they have the surgery done?" I blurt out quickly and look around at everyone's shocked and apprehensive expressions. "What why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Baby, I think you need some time to think about this at first." Drake says cupping my face with a look of love and care in his eyes. Ain't he the sweetest.

"I know that is what you all want me to do but honestly, I am ready to give this a go. I have what? A month to live? How much thinking do u guys want me to do? Honestly I want to go for this surgery. If I die on that table I would die knowing I atleast gave it one last shot. And plus I have nothing to live for anymore." I say with determination in my eyes.

"What... what about us?" Chanel asks with tears in her eyes and that's breaks my heart.

"Awwwwww. Come here love." I open my arms to her and she jumps in for an embrace." You guys will be fine and happy. You guys have each other, and your careers, and lives, and you travel the world all the time. I have no parents, no boyfriend and no friends. I will be leaving nothing behind." I say.

Everyone starts to tear up and all move in for a group hug.

"Ok Cait. I will contact the doctors and inform them of your decision. Then get your papers ready for your departure. Will you be getting yourself there or will you go via the helicopter?"

"Helicopter please. It will be quicker."

With a nod the doctor leaves the room.

"So help me with a plan of evacuation without Bennett knowing." I grin excitedly.

And that's when the ordeal started.