Chapter 9- Day 2

Bennett's POV

I woke up a bit early this morning. First thing on my mind is Lin. I need to see her and make sure that she is ok. I decide to text her.

'Morning sunshine. You up yet?'

'Morning. Yes I have been for a while. What's up?'

Ok seeing as she has been up for a while probably means that she should be done already.

'Be ready in 30 min. I am picking you up for school. Would like to show off my girlfriend.'

After sending that text, I quickly did my morning routine and I'm out the door on my way to her house.

*******
I am currently standing in front of her house. Waiting for her to finish locking the door. She heads to the car.

"Morning babe." I see she is getting more comfortable now with me. I like it.

"Would you like to grab a coffee on the way to school?" I ask her. "I haven't had anything yet. I was rushing so that I wouldn't be late to pick you up."

"Awwwww. Aren't you too cute." She says and pecks my cheek.

" I am a man. And a man isn't cute." I say to her pouting.

"Who ever said you're a man yet? Especially when pouting like that." She says grinning.

"You are very lucky I am driving right now." I say to her laughing.

We finally stop to get our coffees and me a muffin too at Starbucks. Now we are headed to school.

Looks like I will be early today.

*******
School went by relatively quick. I am currently standing with the guys waiting for Lin to come out so I can spend some more time with her before dropping her off. I was brought out of my thoughts by Layton.

"So man. How does it feel dating just one girl? You seem to be very protective of her." Layton grins at me.

I just smile a genuine smile back at them which shocks them. "I don't think I would have been able to deal with it, if it had been anyone else. But she is witty and fiesty and she keeps me on my toes. There seems to never be a dull moment with us. She's not clingy or demanding." I say truthfully.

I turn to look at my friends with a confused face. "What?"

"You my friend, are smitten." Tyler says.

"No I'm not. It's just a bet remember. I can't wait for this month to be over so that I can tap like a free man again."

Layton is about to say but then I turned to see Lin coming out of the front doors of the school. She looks up and sees us and starts smiling.

Damn that smile is so amazing. It seems to lighten my whole day when I catch a glimpse of it. I can't help but smile back as she made her way over to me.

Damn I do sound and look like someone that is smitten. I really can't fall for her. Otherwise these idiots would have won.

"I thought you left already." She says as she comes to a stop in front of us.

I can't seem to help myself. I grab her by the waist and give her a soft gentle kiss on the lips. It feels like it's just us, at this present time in the whole world.

"I can't let my baby walk home. Plus I want to take you somewhere." She blushes at my statement while staring deeply into my eyes.

We were brought out of our own world by a series of awwwwww's.

Then I remember the idiots are here.

I turn my attention to them.

"So are we having a guys night out tonight?" Layton asks. I turn to Caitlin with a look that says 'May I?' And all she does is smile. Damn that smile is hypnotising.

"Look Tyler. He is even asking for permission." Layton says dramatically, wiping a fake tear away. I just glare at him while Caitlin giggles next to me.

"You guys do know it's in the middle of a school week right and we have school tomorrow and I highly doubt you guys will want to deal with a hangover tomorrow morning." She says and then turns to me and smile. " BUT... I agree. Go hang out with your friends." She says and the boys jumps in excitement.

"Remind me again why I am friends with you guys." I say laughing and shaking my head. " baby get in the car and let's go."

Everyone says their goodbyes we all are off.
*****

I took Caitlin to an ice cream shop in town and hung out with her and walked around town for a few hours till it started getting dark.

We drove back to her house and I greeted her Good bye.

"Lin?" I say as she was about to get out of the car.

" Yes?"

"Keep your phone on tonight. If I'm bored with the idiots I will need your help."

She laughs and says ok and gives me a goodbye kiss. Damn I will never tire of that girls kisses.

I drove away to spend the night with my boys and texting my girl.