Chapter 11- Day 4

Caitlin's POV

Today is one of my bad days. I woke up this morning, feeling like there is a ton of drums hammering inside of my head.

With much difficulty I get out of bed. This is going to be a very long day.

I head to the bathroom and do my normal morning routine. I don't think I should drive this way. I decided to text Bennett to pick me up.

'Morning. Hope you slept well. I just wanted to know if you are picking me up or should I drive to school?'

Hopefully he will pick me up. If he can't, I think I will just have to skip the day. I am brought out of my thoughts by my phone chirping.

'Morning baby. I will be there in 10. Already on my way.'

Thank goodness.
********
We just arrived at school and Bennett keeps nagging on me that I should have stayed home because I am not well.

"Bennett if I don't feel well or can't handle it anymore then I will text you ok?" I say to him, frustrated already with the conversation.

We climb out of the car and I start feeling a little dizzy. I hold onto the car till Bennett makes his way around to me.

He grabs me by the waist and says "I have a better idea. I am not letting you out of my sight today. So I will be with you in each of your classes and it's not up for discussion." He says in a tone that says it's final.

I just sigh and lay my head on his shoulder while we walk into the school and to class.

********
I am currently heading to my third period. And true to Bennett's word, he has not let me out of his sight. He has been with me in each and every class and it seems that the teachers don't even bother protesting.

We find a seat in the back of the classroom and sit down. I'm leaning my head on Bennett shoulder contemplating whether I should rather go home because I am only starting to feel worst.

I get interrupted by Bennett turning my face towards him.

"Lin your nose is bleeding." He says and starts to panic.

I was so shocked. I didn't even feel it. I quickly touch above my lip only to see blood on my fingers. Damnit...

"Here are some tissues. Why aren't you freaking out Lin? What the hell is going on with you? What is wrong with you?" He says with a bunch of mixed emotions. Panic, worry.

"I will tell you later. Can you take me to the nurse please."

"Sure."

We head to the nurse office and she give us a slip to excuse us for the day. What am I going to tell Bennett? I can't tell him that I'm dying. I don't want his sympathy. I will just make something up.

********
Bennett POV

This morning is hectic. I knew I should have made her stay at home. When I saw her nose bleeding, I started to really panic.

When we got into the house. I immediately dragged her upstairs to her room and safely tugged her in bed.

" I will be right back." I say to her about to walk out the door but she grabs my hand. I turn towards her.

"You don't have to stay. I will be fine. It's not the first time I have been sick Ben. I know you probably have a million other things you would rather be doing."

I look at her like she has grown three heads. I wonder if she has a fever because clearly she isn't thinking right.

I move towards her and give her a kiss on the forehead. I cup her cheeks and give her a small reassuring smile.

"You are my girlfriend. And there is nowhere else I would rather be than here with you right now while you are sick. So stop worrying because you are stuck with me." I tell her and see her blushing with a small smile playing on her lips.

"So are you going to tell me what is wrong with you?"

"It's nothing major. I am just anemic." She says but I can tell she's lying to me. I will leave it for now and say ok and go downstairs to get her some soup.

After we ate she drank meds and we laid in her bed watching movies whole time, cuddling.

"You know, this is a first for me." I say.

She turns her head to me from the position she is laying on my chest.

"What is?"

" I have never cuddles before with anyone."

She burst out laughing and shakes her head." You ain't the only one. I have never had a boyfriend before or friends. You were my first kiss." She admits while blushing.

How is that even possible. A beautiful girl with a heart of gold. Anyone would be lucky to have her in their life. She must have seen my confused face when she continues.

"I'm not saying some haven't tried to befriend me or ask me out. I just always said no to them. I didn't want to get attached to anyone."

"Then why did you say yes to me?" This got me very curious.

"I just at least want to have one boyfriend in my life and have my first kiss before I die. Whether its fake dating or not." She says in a sleepy voice while still. This got me thinking. It's the second time she is saying this.

I was about to reply back to her, till I heard small little snores. She must have fallen asleep on top of me.

Damn she looks like such an angel.

That was the last thought that went thru my mind before I fell asleep too..