Chapter 7

Caitlin POV

I was walking in to the school building and everyone seems to be looking at me.

Ok this is starting to get weird. I try ignoring the feeling inside of me. And try to ignore the people continuously staring at me.

I put my head down and start walking to my locker. As soon as I stop in front of my locker I see a white lily attached to it with a note.

I start smiling and take the lily and note off of my locker. I open the note

'Turn around. ♡B'

I immediately start blushing and fanning myself. This was not what I meant... Awwwww

I turn around to see one of Bennett's best friends. Layton I think. Standing there with another lily. I start blushing harder as I walk to him. I notice that everyone in the hall way is staring at us.

I get to him and he hands me another lily.

"What is he doing? I'm going to kill him." I tell Layton. Only to hear him chuckle.

He holds out his arm to me, gesturing that I should loop my arm thru. I do so.

"I will be your escort on your lovely journey M'lady." He says with a slight bow. I start laughing.

"Why thank you kind sir." I do a small curtsy.

We start walking in the direction of the football field. On the way there some of the football team gave me more lilies. I have a total of 11 lilies in my hands right now. The closer we get the more nervous I am getting because the whole school is following us.

We finally make it to the back door that leads us to the football field. And I see Bennet's other best friend standing there. Tyler. Holding in his hands another lily. We make it to him and he has a huge grin on his face.

"Wipe that grin off your face before I do it for you." I say with the sweetest smile on my gave.

"Fiesty. I like... But unfortunately we have other matters on hand." He holds his arm out like Layton did before. "M'lady?"

I face Layton "Do I really have to?" I ask him. He burst out laughing and nods his head.

I huff "Fine." and I loop my other arm thru Tylers. And they open the door for me. What I see before me I was definitely not expecting...

Rose petals in the shape of a heart spread out, all around Bennet

Rose petals in the shape of a heart spread out, all around Bennet. And he is standing in the center with a single red rose in hand with a smirk plastered on his face.

I hand the flowers over to Layton and start walking towards Bennet. As I am walking, I can't help but start smiling. As soon as I am in front of him, I try to glare at him. Key word TRY.

He holds out his hand towards me and I put mine in his. He hands me the rose with his other hand and I take it.

"So is this romantic enough?"

"I was definitely not expecting you to ask me out this way. I was expecting you to start on the cafeteria table and ask me out in front of the entire school that way." I release his hand and see that his face dips a bit. I reach up and cup his cheek and smile at him saying " I never knew the big, bad Bennet is such a romantic at heart. It a lovely surprise and I love it."

I hear him sigh of relieve and move closer to me, that our noses almost touch.

"Do you think that everyone bought it?" Thats when reality comes crashing down on me and I feel kind of hurt. I almost forgot this was fake. I maintain my smile and nod my head at him. Scared my voice will betray me. His smile widens and he wraps his arms around my waist.

He leans down and says "I am going to kiss you now." I nod again and close my eyes.

I feel my heart beating faster and irregularly in my chest as if it is going to jump out of my chest. Then I feel his soft lips on mine. Kissing me. I follow sweet. He licks my lower lip asking for entrance, which I grand him. The kiss is slow and passionately as he is dominating the kiss. I get so lost in the kiss. He draws me closer to him. One of his hands are on my hip and the other is locked in my hair. I wrap my arms around his neck.

I forgot that we are surrounded by the entire school, until I hear a bunch of screams and cheers coming closer and closer to us. We break the kiss staring into each others eyes,panting. Until he does the unexpected and kiss me again. But this time is short and sweet and had me smiling like a mad person. Until everyone was on us and congratulating us.