8. personal vendetta

Saturday September 14th

So here I am. (Once again feeling lost but now and then I breathe it in to let it go). Sorry.

Anyways here I am in Mia's basement. Last night had gone and went. We won the game, not surprisingly since we went against the worst team in our division. The schedule was set up that way every year, I guess it would be too embarrassing to lose your homecoming game.

After the horrible teasing ended, Shan and I got a text from Mia saying that she had decided she's not to go to the homecoming dance. At first we thought it was a prank because where I think the whole thing is super overhyped and just a reason to twerk with someone, Mia loves everything about it.

But after we realized that she was being serious, she quickly invited Shan, Harper, and me over to eat ice cream and play pool while we commented on the ugly pictures people were posting.

Thrilling really.

And that's how I got into my current situation.

"Don't talk to me." Harper almost threw the Wii controller across the room. "It's your fault!"

What was she so mad about you ask? I, the worst Mario Cart player in history, just beat Harper, the best Mario Cart player I have ever met, on Rainbow Road.

And now, since I just like to rub it in her face, I'm currently doing a happy dance as I wickedly laugh.

"Why is it her fault?" Mia laughs as she holds a pillow up so the controller doesn't hit her.

Harper glared at me. "She was distracting me by singing that god awful music!"

Shan leaned back into her seat grabbing the popcorn by her, "Here we go!"

"God awful music?" I can't believe she even said those words. "I was singing the angelic songs of Big Time Rush!"

"That music is like for seven year olds. If we're gonna bring a boy band into this, let's talk about One Direction." Harper sets down the controller and turns towards me.

Is she comparing them? "Don't." Yes, One Direction has good music, but I would take Big Time Rush over them in a heartbeat. "Big Time Rush is on a whole 'nother level than those overplayed brits!"

That was probably a low blow, but if you can't tell already they usually end up coming out of my mouth in arguments. It's a curse really.

Especially since Harper is crawling towards me with a pillow in hand, winding up to smack me in the head.

"Pillow fight!" Mia squeals as she takes her own pillow and taps Shan with it. Mia is like your stereotypical dumb, popular, blonde girl in movies. Like Karen from Mean Girls. She's extremely 'girly', loves cliches, is super happy and energetic all the time, and is pretty much known by everyone. Except she's actually nice and not dumb.

The glare Shan gives her makes her drop the pillow and cross her arms in sadness. "Girls stop! They're both broken up anyways."

Shan's try at calming us down didn't help, the pillow was going to smack into me at any moment. I tried my hardest to get away, but I was up against the back of the couch and the only place for me to go was up and over.