4. hot and bothered

Friday September 6th

The school day had gone by in a blur. Not like a standing on the side of a race track where you anticipate the car coming, watching it weave and listening to the music of its engine, and when it gets to you the only effects it has is wind pushing you backwards and the ache of wanting more.

The day went by as if I were watching a filmed car accident. It was one of those videos that you find in a corner of YouTube. You know what you are going to witness will be the same as any other car accident video, just with a different background. The accident goes in slow motion so you see and experience every second. The same subject with different materials, going slow as you pick up on new things.

So when Shan reminded me of going to Tates house it was like switching the car video to a vine compilation. Even though I didn't know exactly what to expect I had an idea and knew it was probably going to be fun either way.

The game had been canceled and moved to Monday, meaning that we were probably still going to win seeing as it's only giving the other team three days of practice, and our team three extra. But we would lose those days for practice going towards the homecoming game. And since that was the case, Colin and I were going to have one of our classic sleepovers, where we make fun of movies, eat way to much junk, and sleep for fourteen hours straight.

When we first started these sleepovers no one thought a thing. But once high school hit and everyone went into a horny mind, people assumed that we didn't do any actual sleeping and did excel in using the bed in other ways if you know what I mean.

Than once we started sarcastically agreeing to the rumors and someone literally set up a camera to spy on us, everyone shut their traps. instead of spreading footage of us making a porno, all they got was me stuffing my face for hours and Colin's obnoxious snoring.

We rotate houses every time we get together and this was Colin's turn. Which we preferred hanging out at his house anyway. Colin came from a wealthy family, so naturally his house was oversized and full of everything a good sleepover could consist of.

Colin also had the advantage of his parents being workaholics and always vacationing, along with them going to help people around the world. Meaning that they were never home and he only had an older brother, Kayden, who was rarely home since he was in college. So we could be as loud as we wanted and say whatever without being yelled at or judged.

But I didn't want to waste my energy swimming here since I knew I would get it out at Colin's. Whether it was from chasing each other through his house, video games, or even swimming in his pool. So why not read?

And since my car is still out of commission, Shan is practically my personal chauffeur.

"Look who it is," I'm hit with the sound of Tate, "just some of my favorite people." He appears in nothing but orange swim trunks from around the garage.

Tates house was your average cookie cutter suburban home. Complete with a fenced in pool.

"Oh it's you guys!" Harper waved from the deep end, clearly trying to get out of the heat. "I thought it was Noah and his friends."

Aw Noah. Tates brother who was a senior. That boy was gifted in many aspects. Like ass... and pecks... along with brains and athletic abilities. Tate was like the sequel to a movie, appreciated but not loved as much.