Nightwing's Redemption CH. 1

Start from the beginning

"Ha Ha, Bats!" Harley teased. "Betcha thought we were just some bubble headed bimbos without Mr. J and Mr. S."

"Scarecrow is just fine, Harls." Phobia whispered to Harley. The pair continued their conversation as Batman reported Phobia's threat to the GCPD and Barb, better known as Oracle.

The batmobile came to a stop in front of the Intensive Treatment block and standing outside was a few guards and Aaron Cash, ready to take the girls in. As Batman and Nightwing exited the batmobile, Nightwing jogged to Batman's side,

"Bruce, I can get her to talk. Just give me some time." He said in a hushed voice. Bruce glanced at him for only a moment before he turned to address Cash. Typical Bruce.

"I have Harley Quinn and Phobia ready to be taken back to their cells. There has been a bomb threat, I want you to keep Phobia aside for questioning. Prepare to have Crane moved if necessary. He's always the catch when it comes to Phobia." Cash gave a nod and glanced to a very tall guard with a thick, brown moustache similar to Jim Gordon's. He was in his mid thirties with jock like brown hair that stood up and he always wore his uniform ironed. George Powell, who Nightwing had heard Phobia refer to as 'Pornstache' on a number of occasions, was the head guard who dealt with Phobia and Scarecrow both; but given as how often Crane was placed in Extreme Isolation, he mostly had Phobia to deal with.

Officer George Powell was unprofessional and downright derogatory in the way he spoke about the inmates, but with the asylum already struggling to keep staff, Officer Powell was here to stay. Taking hold of his walkie talkie, Nightwing listened as Powell contacted Extreme Isolation.

"Hey, it's Powell here. Get that psycho Crane ready for transfer on my order.... His bitch is back and playing games... Yeah, apparently this time it's bombs... I've been saying that for years, just sterilise the both of them and shove them together in a cell and throw away the key, problem solved... I gotta go Boles, Cash is giving me the look, over" As Powell's conversation came to an end, he raised his eyebrows at Cash, who was death staring him. "What? Put them together, they shut up, I've tried it before during my nap times." Powell explained. Putting his hand up to silence Powell, Cash shook his head in disbelief,

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that and if I so much as find out Crane and Doute have been near each other without my say so, your ass is fired." Cash hissed. This wasn't the first time that Cash had threatened to fire Powell, but given a scoff that escaped Powell's lips, nothing was going to change.

"We don't have time for this." Bruce snapped, drawing both of the men's attention back to him. "Cash, get Quinn and Doute back to their cells, take Nightwing with you. He'll be questioning Doute while I help the GCPD hunt down these bombs." Nightwing snapped his head around to look at the Dark Knight, who didn't bother to look at him. This was one of the few times Bruce was going to allow Dick to go through with one of his plans.

"Uh, why him and not me or one of the other men?" Powell asked. "I can get those answers outta her one way or another." He said, puffing out his chest. Bruce didn't look back at him as he moved back towards the Batmobile, followed by medical personnel and guards ready to strap Quinn down for transport and shackle Doute's hands and feet. Doute had always been easy to transport once caught and rarely put up a fight which was the reason Arkham Asylum considered her as more of a lower risk than some of the other super-criminals, including her boyfriend, Scarecrow.

"Doute likes Nightwing." Batman answered simply to Powell's question as the ladies were removed from the batmobile.

"It's true. Also, it's Mrs. Crane to you, Batsy" Phobia concurred with a wicked smile, "Heya Pornstache, ya miss me?" She purred at the tall man who was quick to remove with baton, ready to strike her at any moment. Batman quickly entered he batmobile, speeding off in the opposite direction without so much as a goodbye as the ladies were lead into the building.