Rvb S10 E15 "Familiar Things"

Start from the beginning

Riley heads over to it and takes his position, his whole body is straight as he brings the gun up and takes aim. As he holds the trigger, the Railgun barrel starts lighting up blue. Riley let's go of the tigger sending a round at the target scraping the side of it. Riley gets sent backwards and falls onto the ground, landing on his back.

Sargent Alan: As you can see, Private Riley has just demonstrated, how NOT to fire the Railgun! Can someone tell me, what Private Riley did wrong?

Leo raises his hand.

Sargent Alan: Yes, Private Church?

Leo: Riley took the position of shooting a gun with low recoil, but wasn't prepared for the large recoil of the weapon.

Sargent Alan: That's right! Why don't you come up here and show, Private Riley how not to fall on your ass.

Leo moves out from the row, making his way to the Sargent as Riley passes by him, shooting him a glare. Leo grabs one of the Railguns from the rack, along with some M645 explosive bullets. He gives the gun a quick look over, before standing at the shooting range.

Sargent Alan: Whenever your ready, Private!

Leo grounds his feet into the dirt, holding his upper body forward, positioning his whole body to withstand the recoil. He raises the gun up, taking aim at the target in the distance and takes a deep breath.

Holding down the trigger, the Railgun begins to charge up, until Leo let's go of the trigger. Suddenly, a round blast off straight at the target, obliterating it to pieces. Leo stood standing, but slid back a bit and his shoulder hurt from the gun slamming back into his shoulder.

Sargent Alan: Nicely done, Private Church. Do it, again!

Leo reloads the gun, takes the same position and takes a deep breath. He fires another round at a different target, blasting it into pieces. He slides back again and winces from the pain coming from his shoulder.

Sargent Alan: One more time!

Leo nods at the Sargent, before loading the gun again and aiming at his third target. Charging the gun up and shooting a round, he successfully hits the target again, but the gun slams into his shoulder hard.

He hears a faint "pop" in his right shoulder as flames of pain erupts from it. Leo grits his teeth in pain, clutching his shoulder and dropping the Railgun to the ground. The Sargent walks over to Leo.

Sargent Alan: Is their a reason for dropping an expensive piece of equipment, Private?

Leo: I-I think I dislocated my shoulder, Sir!

The Sargent looks at Leo's shoulder, seeing it oddly sticking out from the back.

Sargent Alan: That seems to be the case. Tell me Private, why did I ask you to shoot three times?

Leo: (Confused) To t-test the reload rate, Sir?

Sargent Alan: Wrong! It's because most men who fire this weapon, would of dislocated their shoulders in two shots. But the ones that didn't, are professional trained with this weapon.

Leo feels some pride in his words.

Sargent Alan: Private Williams! Escort Private Church to get that shoulder treated...

Leo see's Ethan making his way to Leo with a concerned look.

Sargent Alan: ...also take his new Railgun with him, if he wishes to be will trained with it. He'll need to practice in keeping that shoulder in tact.